P700 Fabric Rear Roof & Panel

W

wataboy

Dec 22, 2016
SoGA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've had this roof for a while now but just decided to install it to shade my dogs when they ride and maybe keep cab dust down. I'm running without the top portion of the honda split windshield for extra airflow this summer so I thought the vinyl rear window might balloon out the back but the 'born to be mild' 700 assured this wasn't happening. It's a pretty snug fit. So far I like it & it's easily removable.
IMG 1038

When installing the rails to the hardtop only put in the 4 middle screws to start with.
IMG 1039

Then stick the foam in so you'll know right where it needs to go.(official instructions say tape it on before installing rails)
IMG 1041

Then drill holes for outer screws & install them. Reason being the factory holes didn't line up with the curve of the hardtop.
IMG 1040

These rods were the easy ones to install.
IMG 1045

The other 2 rods fit in tiny pockets in the sides of the top. The instructions were poorly illustrated & left a lot to the imagination. Honda documents didn't used to be like this.
IMG 1042

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Nice write up and pics. I always wandered how that configuration would look. I like the looks better than the full hard roof... silicon those fiberglass rods in the rubber mounts. Cause they slip out and poke a hole in the soft top before you realize it.
I can't believe no one replied to you post to even say nice work....Us 700 guys don't get know love....Hell our machines aren't setting at the dealership getting fixed....700s are the true Flagship to Hondas SXSs.....:mad:

Reactions: nbomar and lee
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Nice, I like it, kinda wish I had gone that route instead of the full hard roof

Reactions: swsebek
W

wataboy

Dec 22, 2016
SoGA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the comments and the tip about the rods. It was just starting to dry up when it rained again so I haven't checked the dust factor.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!