BOX1

Factory or After Market Winch?

Zonie

Zonie

Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2013
Payson & Tempe, AZ
Will the winch mount bracket on the Pioneer 700-4 take anything other than the 4K lb. Honda winch? At $440 it seems overpriced compared to Warn, SuperATV, Badlands, Viper, etc... but the warranty is nice. Not sure how it compares to the warranty on the competition. Also, cable vs. synthetic rope? I've heard of cables snapping and doing damage to anyone/anything in the area.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
the mounting pattern is 3.0 x 6.5 so it will only accept 4k winches or bigger the honda winch is a warn rt4.0 any winch with that bolt pattern will work synthetic cable is the only way to go and welcome to the site

Zonie

Zonie

Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2013
Payson & Tempe, AZ
Thanks bigc. Found out many of the other brands are made in China. Going w/the Warn and having Honda install so I don't screw it up.

G

GulfCoast

Oct 8, 2013
I am told by my dealer the bracket to mount the winch will not be available until late Nov or Dec.

Does the "factory" Warn winch come with synthetic cable?

Zonie

Zonie

Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2013
Payson & Tempe, AZ
Correct-they are telling me the same thing. The Warn winch Honda sells ont eh Pioneer only comes w/the wire cable.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
i hate to say it but even warn winches are made in china

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!