Fall 2022 Arizona Peace Trail cross country trek - Planning Thread!

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

An 89 year old man accompanied these guys on their trek….😎​

Who’s ready for a 7-day, 710 mile UTV adventure?!

Story & Photos: Casey Cordeiro

If you’re looking for an epic, multi-day UTV ride that takes you through some of the best off-road scenery in the USA, look no further than the Arizona Peace Trail (APT). We recently the completed the entire Peace Trail route south of the I-40. 7 days, 6 nights, 5 nights of camping off-the-grid, 5 guys, 4 UTVs, and 710 miles of total awesomeness. “Epic” doesn’t even begin to describe the journey that the AZ Peace Trail provides! Let’s relive the journey…

Great write up of your adventure. I’m sure it will be very helpful for those of us who go with the Honda sxs forum group in October. Thanks

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Great write up of your adventure. I’m sure it will be very helpful for those of us who go with the Honda sxs forum group in October. Thanks
It is a great write up Jon, but it’s not mine. I snagged it off line (and properly linked to it) to post here for us to use while planning our ride. Hope you make it with us…..😎

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I’m planning on it.
Great, maybe due to your location you could be our advanced scout…😊👍

If you have reason to be around Kingman, I’d love to know where the trailhead parking and staging area is, and have some pictures of it….😎

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It’s about a 4-1/2 drive for me but I may have a chance before summer arrives.
No worries. It’s a 20 hour drive for the rest of us….😂😂😂
Just if you have some reason to be that way, it would be good to know. I think we have other forum members that are closer that might be able to help…..👍

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This reminded me to give a call down South. My friend has a winter home on an indian res and they have not problems where he lives since the Res Police take care of security and they are not gentle so no illegals come thru there.

There are 200 to the most of around 900 per day cross the border and the majority are poor South Americans with a credit card to get into the interior of the US. Problem is the returns who have been deported previously for criminal activity to include rape robbery, murder, sexual child abuse, etc. They know the system and how to avoid getting caught again. Drug dealers are the most violent. Most seem to be crossing into CA since they are not pursued by law enforcement there but many are going into Las Vegas, NV since there are lots of targets with money. Most are gang members and joint up with friends there. I could go on.

Bottom line is hundreds per day cross the border and most are sorta harmless and seem to be funded with US based credit cards which we can only guess who is funding those cards. The former deportees are the ones who would present more of a threat. This fellow is a retired federal agent with a well known 3 letter agency and I worked with him off and on for 20 years or so and I trust his assessment of the situation. Can I say you may or may not have problem...NO but this may give you good info to base your trip on.
Pack tools?

Reactions: Biteme and Pilgrim
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It’s unfortunate that the arizonapeacetrail.org doesn’t have information in their otherwise handy atlas concerning a parking area and trailhead for section 1
Nor do they have a “contact us” section at their website that I can find, to ask such questions.

It would really be nice to have an idea of the circumstances in which we’re all going to be leaving our trucks and trailers for 8-10 days…..🤔

advertisement
WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
John. Try this number.
Screenshot 20220123 165806 Phone

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
John:
I believe that this is the staging area,
Dropped pin
That looks to be in Quartzite Byron. We’re wanting the trailhead parking/staging area at Kingman as that’s where we’ll have the beginning and terminus of the route….🤔

Reactions: Biteme and Pilgrim
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Reactions: Pilgrim
G

GoodStuff

Nov 4, 2020
Lake Havasu AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a second Home in Lake Havasu and I would recommend the town as a staging area. It’s probably the roughest riding section of the trail. Seems like every trail in the area has turned to washboard. Depending on the monsoon season end of next summer it may still be dry and rough since the last season was dry and trails are far worse than last winter. There is a massive Walmart parking lot on the north end of town near the airport that may be a good option for those driving in to leave their tow rigs and trailers.

My thought is that it allows everyone to have a rougher morning headed north the first day when you are fresh and then have smooth riding until the final day. A Kingman start would make the roughest portion of trails stack up on the last two days.

Depending on dates I really want to try and make the trip I know I’m supposed to be traveling for a week in OCT but don’t have the dates. I’m planning to do at least 1 three day trip from Havasu into the Hualapai’s and down to Wikieup/Alamo Lake and back this Spring so either way I will try and share anything I pick up.

Reactions: Prntckt and Pilgrim
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have a second Home in Lake Havasu and I would recommend the town as a staging area. It’s probably the roughest riding section of the trail. Seems like every trail in the area has turned to washboard. Depending on the monsoon season end of next summer it may still be dry and rough since the last season was dry and trails are far worse than last winter. There is a massive Walmart parking lot on the north end of town near the airport that may be a good option for those driving in to leave their tow rigs and trailers.

My thought is that it allows everyone to have a rougher morning headed north the first day when you are fresh and then have smooth riding until the final day. A Kingman start would make the roughest portion of trails stack up on the last two days.

Depending on dates I really want to try and make the trip I know I’m supposed to be traveling for a week in OCT but don’t have the dates. I’m planning to do at least 1 three day trip from Havasu into the Hualapai’s and down to Wikieup/Alamo Lake and back this Spring so either way I will try and share anything I pick up.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the input GS…..😊 When I first started reading, I thought you were going to offer us your second home for the night when we passed through the Havasu area….😂😂😂

So there’s two reasons why Kingman has been selected for the beginning and terminus of the trek, the main one is because many riders are coming from far back east, at or north of the I-40 corridor and it provides the shortest and most direct commute in the tow vehicles…..and the second reason is to get through the coldest part of the trail the first day sense we will be doing this late October. And the trail climbs from 3,100’ in Kingman to 7,000’ in the first 12 miles. We also want to be in a bonafide trail staging area parking lot to leave our equipment at. I can’t imagine Walmart being ok with us tying up a half an acre of their parking lot for 8 or more days at any rate…..🤔

Last edited:
Randy6911

Randy6911

Oct 20, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X
I took this pic today. Lake Havasu City staging area South of town. Just a semi flat spot you park anywhere you want. Hundreds of places along the trail look just like it.

6F8D30BE 2396 4AD1 AF31 55E2153CE922 9C416066 3312 4FBA 9F65 AD5C84EC9E6C

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!