Fall 2022 Arizona Peace Trail cross country trek - Planning Thread!

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
l video, I don't think I will be showing it to my wife!
In the spirit of transparency, I showed my wife the video. ugh...

Her first question was: How many miles is this trail going to be?

The second was: How many sections will be like this?

The third, fourth and fifth, were a bit of a blur...

We may need to have some time here for a a cool down period

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
In the spirit of transparency, I showed my wife the video. ugh...

Her first question was: How many miles is this trail going to be?

The second was: How many sections will be like this?

The third, fourth and fifth, were a bit of a blur...

We may need to have some time here for a a cool down period
In the spirit of transparency, I agree. In the spirit of "I want to go on the ride", I will act surprised when we get to the section and say "who knew!".
Actually, I will show her the video and let her know we will follow someone who knows what they are doing and take their path through the obstacles with her having the option to walk the section if she feels more comfortable. I actually don't hide things from my wife.

G

GoodStuff

Nov 4, 2020
Lake Havasu AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everyone is dead set on a start from Kingman correct? I had reached out to the Lake Havasu Airport Manager about parking there for everyone’s campers, trailers, trucks, etc… during the ride and they just got back to me. But if no one wants to start from there I will just tell them plans changed. They said their monthly is just under $40 and their daily is $11 but they were willing to talk about what was deemed fair for both parties for parking fees.
C1877B07 DA4A 43E8 9381 9D146084DF00

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Everyone is dead set on a start from Kingman correct? I had reached out to the Lake Havasu Airport Manager about parking there for everyone’s campers, trailers, trucks, etc… during the ride and they just got back to me. But if no one wants to start from there I will just tell them plans changed. They said their monthly is just under $40 and their daily is $11 but they were willing to talk about what was deemed fair for both parties for parking fees.View attachment 320041
I think this may be a very good option. I have concerns about parking my motorhome and trailer in an unsecured area for seven days and returning to find it missing. I would gladly $40 for the peace of mind that my equipment was secure.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In the spirit of transparency, I agree. In the spirit of "I want to go on the ride", I will act surprised when we get to the section and say "who knew!".
Actually, I will show her the video and let her know we will follow someone who knows what they are doing and take their path through the obstacles with her having the option to walk the section if she feels more comfortable. I actually don't hide things from my wife.
After my wife whined about being bored on a four hour ride, I decided that she’s not going on AZPT outing.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
After my wife whined about being bored on a four hour ride, I decided that she’s not going on AZPT outing.
I'm wondering if this shouldn't just be a solo trip for me, but she is normally up for any adventure I want to go on. She is till processing the idea of being on the trail for so many miles.

Rob

Reactions: Smitty335
Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
I rode the RimRocker ride with many of the people going on the AZPT and they stop often for sightseeing and stretching. If your wife is like mine just give her the navigation duties and a camera and that will keep her busy. My wife took over 600 pictures during the 6 days of riding on the RimRocker.

meservais

meservais

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2021
Baileys Harbor, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a second Home in Lake Havasu and I would recommend the town as a staging area. It’s probably the roughest riding section of the trail. Seems like every trail in the area has turned to washboard. Depending on the monsoon season end of next summer it may still be dry and rough since the last season was dry and trails are far worse than last winter. There is a massive Walmart parking lot on the north end of town near the airport that may be a good option for those driving in to leave their tow rigs and trailers.

My thought is that it allows everyone to have a rougher morning headed north the first day when you are fresh and then have smooth riding until the final day. A Kingman start would make the roughest portion of trails stack up on the last two days.

Depending on dates I really want to try and make the trip I know I’m supposed to be traveling for a week in OCT but don’t have the dates. I’m planning to do at least 1 three day trip from Havasu into the Hualapai’s and down to Wikieup/Alamo Lake and back this Spring so either way I will try and share anything I pick up.
My wife and I are coming to Lake Havasu area March 2nd and would like to rent a sidex for a few days and ride some trails, Very new to this. We do not need to stay around Lake Havasu but want to stay were its fairly warm and out of the snow. Any helpful suggestions on where to rent from and where to ride?

advertisement
Randy6911

Randy6911

Oct 20, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X
My wife and I are coming to Lake Havasu area March 2nd and would like to rent a sidex for a few days and ride some trails, Very new to this. We do not need to stay around Lake Havasu but want to stay were its fairly warm and out of the snow. Any helpful suggestions on where to rent from and where to ride?
Ride the trail from Lake Havasu to the Bunker Bar hopefully on a day they are open. Maybe 25ish miles and a a few hours each way. You get a good look at the town and lake from the trails on the east side as they are higher in elevation. Nice sunset view. Didn’t rent but there are plenty of options in town with or without a guide.

CD093B21 9415 4E7F 9AB6 783802B3873D

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got back from researching Kingman hotel situation…
there are two Best Westerns ..almost across the street from each other…
the one I contacted is Kings Inn and suites…..super extraordinary friendly and helpful folks…motel is very clean and the breakfast facilities are more like restaurant but still complimentary…..
I booked myself for three nights….Saturday and Sunday oct 15/16… and returning Wednesday night 10/26…
I have twelve rooms reserved for the next month if you want to call and reserve ….. all the beds on the wing I reserved are two queens— if you want king you will be on other side of hotel…..no big deal but that is the way the place is laid out….
Peace trail rate is 85 a night plus tax…. I think it is still less than a 100…..
They have a massive fenced in truck parking area….. we are welcome to park there all week….
I asked them about the local crime climate… the gal said she didn’t lock her car and it was not uncommon to leave houses unlocked……
Best Western plus…..Kings inn and Suites
2930 E Andy Devine Ave
Kingman Az 86401
928-753-6101…..
Pamala Brace manager//her daughter name is Synthia and she and her mom are extremely helpful

G

GoodStuff

Nov 4, 2020
Lake Havasu AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like Randy6911 recommended. Bunker bar is a fun trip. Lots of trails back to it. I use GAIA app on my phone for maps. Just clicking around and exploring the map you will find lots of fun tracks.”Bunker Bar”, “B25 Engine” or “Engine” (wrecked airplane engine up near Crossman Peak), “Wing Mine”, “Jupiter Mine” are all fun spots to ride to and searching them will help you pick a track to get there.

There are several rental companies in town and haven’t heard anything bad from friends who have rented.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Finally found the RSVP and have signed on. Just so you know, I normally ride with a group of 8-15 here in AZ. If it’s dusty and we’re on a graded county road, we’ll be stretched out around 5 miles in flatter areas. If we’re in the hills it might only be 2 miles. We use GMRS radios to communicate turn info for those who are listening and no one makes a turn or route change until they see the vehicle in back of them. If we are lucky enough to get 50+ riders, they will need to be broken up into smaller groups with at least the leader in each group having decent map following skills.
Good advice Jon, As for the dust, we’re going to have rain two nights during the ride that will keep the dust down…😉

It’s very doubtful that there’s more than 15 or so machines….

Many of us have GMRS and I’m certain most are able to use maps…

Glad you’re in….😎

Last edited:
Reactions: crewcabrob
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Like Randy6911 recommended. Bunker bar is a fun trip. Lots of trails back to it. I use GAIA app on my phone for maps. Just clicking around and exploring the map you will find lots of fun tracks.”Bunker Bar”, “B25 Engine” or “Engine” (wrecked airplane engine up near Crossman Peak), “Wing Mine”, “Jupiter Mine” are all fun spots to ride to and searching them will help you pick a track to get there.

There are several rental companies in town and haven’t heard anything bad from friends who have rented.
Awesome, thanks GS….😎👍

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Road Warriors,

The dates are a conflict for me. I can't wait to here how it goes.

Thanks for thinking of me.

s/f Steve
Maybe we’ll get ya on next years ride….😊

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Everyone is dead set on a start from Kingman correct? I had reached out to the Lake Havasu Airport Manager about parking there for everyone’s campers, trailers, trucks, etc… during the ride and they just got back to me. But if no one wants to start from there I will just tell them plans changed. They said their monthly is just under $40 and their daily is $11 but they were willing to talk about what was deemed fair for both parties for parking fees.View attachment 320041
Thanks for your help, but yes Kingman is the beginning and terminus.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm wondering if this shouldn't just be a solo trip for me, but she is normally up for any adventure I want to go on. She is till processing the idea of being on the trail for so many miles.

Rob
Go do a 200 or so one or two night ride near home in the meantime (black hills maybe) and see if she likes it. If she does great, if she hates it you won’t be allowed to bring her on this…….😂😂😂

We need total group participation, peace and harmony lol….

But I predict she’ll love it…😎👍

advertisement