Fall 2022 Arizona Peace Trail cross country trek - Planning Thread!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think this may be a very good option. I have concerns about parking my motorhome and trailer in an unsecured area for seven days and returning to find it missing. I would gladly $40 for the peace of mind that my equipment was secure.
See the post by @Pilgrim on arrangements for parking our trucks and tow vehicles…..

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Go do a 200 or so one or two night ride near home in the meantime (black hills maybe) and see if she likes it. If she does great, if she hates it you won’t be allowed to bring her on this…….😂😂😂

We need total group participation, peace and harmony lol….

But I predict she’ll love it…😎👍
We are planning a trip to the hills in 10 days. We won’t be taking the SXS, a little too cold for that.

I’ve requested just such a trip: 50-60 miles and then camp and a return trip. I plan on taking her to the La Sals where I spent my summers as a child. Leave my tow rig in Moab at my uncles house and take either sand flats road or the RimRocker to lower two mile road and head north to Beaver Basin. There are two lakes there as well as an old prospectors cabin for emergency lodging.

I should have my front locker, skid plates and power steering some time this week. I’m still prepping for the ride, still working on the camping accommodations. That is the deal breaker for the trip.

No issues with peace and harmony, she loves the outdoors. The plate on her car is N8TUR.

I’ve been through my AZPT atlas a few times. I have the area downloaded on my iPad and phone too. I’m taking a suggestion from Keebler to have her run navigation and camera duties. As long as there are some animals to look at, she should be happy.

Rob

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Just got back from researching Kingman hotel situation…
there are two Best Westerns ..almost across the street from each other…
the one I contacted is Kings Inn and suites…..super extraordinary friendly and helpful folks…motel is very clean and the breakfast facilities are more like restaurant but still complimentary…..
I booked myself for three nights….Saturday and Sunday oct 15/16… and returning Wednesday night 10/26…
I have twelve rooms reserved for the next month if you want to call and reserve ….. all the beds on the wing I reserved are two queens— if you want king you will be on other side of hotel…..no big deal but that is the way the place is laid out….
Peace trail rate is 85 a night plus tax…. I think it is still less than a 100…..
They have a massive fenced in truck parking area….. we are welcome to park there all week….
I asked them about the local crime climate… the gal said she didn’t lock her car and it was not uncommon to leave houses unlocked……
Best Western plus…..Kings inn and Suites
2930 E Andy Devine Ave
Kingman Az 86401
928-753-6101…..
Pamala Brace manager//her daughter name is Synthia and she and her mom are extremely helpful
Thanks for taking the effort to research all of this information!

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Just got back from researching Kingman hotel situation…
there are two Best Westerns ..almost across the street from each other…
the one I contacted is Kings Inn and suites…..super extraordinary friendly and helpful folks…motel is very clean and the breakfast facilities are more like restaurant but still complimentary…..
I booked myself for three nights….Saturday and Sunday oct 15/16… and returning Wednesday night 10/26…
I have twelve rooms reserved for the next month if you want to call and reserve ….. all the beds on the wing I reserved are two queens— if you want king you will be on other side of hotel…..no big deal but that is the way the place is laid out….
Peace trail rate is 85 a night plus tax…. I think it is still less than a 100…..
They have a massive fenced in truck parking area….. we are welcome to park there all week….
I asked them about the local crime climate… the gal said she didn’t lock her car and it was not uncommon to leave houses unlocked……
Best Western plus…..Kings inn and Suites
2930 E Andy Devine Ave
Kingman Az 86401
928-753-6101…..
Pamala Brace manager//her daughter name is Synthia and she and her mom are extremely helpful
This is great! Thank you for doing some leg work for us.

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
What is the process for securing one of the 15 rooms, do I go through you or contact the hotel and let them know I will be using one of your reserved rooms? To be fully transparent I am fine with paying for the room with the possibility that I might not be able to ride and would lose the money. About two weeks ago I lost most of my sight and will be having eye surgery within the the next month to hopefully restore my vision. Prognosis is good and recovery time is 2 to 6 months so I should be good to go. Prayers appreciated.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What is the process for securing one of the 15 rooms, do I go through you or contact the hotel and let them know I will be using one of your reserved rooms? To be fully transparent I am fine with paying for the room with the possibility that I might not be able to ride and would lose the money. About two weeks ago I lost most of my sight and will be having eye surgery within the the next month to hopefully restore my vision. Prognosis is good and recovery time is 2 to 6 months so I should be good to go. Prayers appreciated.
Wow, all my best to you Frank!!!!
That is paramount. Take care of that, first and foremost……🙏🏻

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
About two weeks ago I lost most of my sight and will be having eye surgery within the the next month to hopefully restore my vision. Prognosis is good and recovery time is 2 to 6 months so I should be good to go. Prayers appreciated.
All my best for a speedy recovery! I hope to meet you on the trail this fall.

Rob

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow …..I newly retired bomb in the health department….. prayers already going up….

advertisement
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I only reserved the rooms with the stipulation that before the end of march people would be calling in and getting their reservations……
reserved under group name of Honda SxS….or John Walker…. Or probably they have my name Stan Seaton on them….
Synthia (yep… Cynthia with an S). Is the one who should remember or her mother Pamela….
but it seems to be a small staff that all work well together……
the phone numbers were all listed in the previous posts…..
Git er done…..

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I only reserved the rooms with the stipulation that before the end of march people would be calling in and getting their reservations……
reserved under group name of Honda SxS….or John Walker…. Or probably they have my name Stan Seaton on them….
Synthia (yep… Cynthia with an S). Is the one who should remember or her mother Pamela….
Git er done…..
Awesome, doing mine tomorrow……👍

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Git er done…..
Need to reserve Sunday night October 16th we hit the trail Monday morning the 17th. And reserve Tuesday night, the 25th when we arrive back in Kingman at the end of the ride….

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just wanted to let you guys know that due to unrealistic fuel prices that continue to rise and geopolitical events threatening the peace and safety of everyone right now, for my part and participation, this event is on hold indefinitely, if things improve sufficiently, and soon enough, I’ll resume my planning and preparation for it.

This is NOT to say that the ride is paused, or that anyone else should follow suit. This is me speaking for myself.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I agree that it might not be the best time for people to be that far from their homes and I for one Wonder how the rest of the year is going to play out.

Rob

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I just made my reservations. If a bunch of you folks back out, I know a bunch of guys with PoPoo’s that might like to go.

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
Well, I just made my reservations. If a bunch of you folks back out, I know a bunch of guys with PoPoo’s that might like to go.
I'm still in, pending my eye surgery going good next month. I am too old to let gas prices and political turmoil get in the way of an adventure like this. With the green agenda there is no reason to think gas will come down anytime soon, if ever; and with Tiawan, Iran, China, and uncontrolled spending/inflation I will take a once in a lifetime adventure whenever I can.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I'm still in, pending my eye surgery going good next month. I am too old to let gas prices and political turmoil get in the way of an adventure like this. With the green agenda there is no reason to think gas will come down anytime soon, if ever; and with Tiawan, Iran, China, and uncontrolled spending/inflation I will take a once in a lifetime adventure whenever I can.
I like this attitude and out look!

Rob

Reactions: PJon and Smitty335
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
G
glad to hear that you’re still planning on it. I’m keeping good thoughts in my heart and mind regarding your eye surgery. I know you’ll come through it just fine.

Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!