Fall 2022 Arizona Peace Trail cross country trek - Planning Thread!

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Hi Guys,

I took my name off the list for the ride. I have a lot of reservations about the year, and to be honest, I doubt I can get my "minimum required " items ready for the trip to be successful for my wife and I. If things change, I will add my name back on.

I'm going to plan some smaller trips in the Black Hills and around Moab for the future. I would still like to get a good route together for the Blacks Hills and open this up so people can come have an adventure.

Rob

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well folks….. I am just wondering what the temperature of the group is….. I definitely cooled off with the announcement of our fearless leader that he was putting it into suspension mode…..
but I am still gung ho and staying in the planning and prepping mode…..
hey @Keebler …. How is the eye surgery / healing going???
I am about ready to cancel the EXTRA rooms I had reserved so that we would have a block…. I am sure the place will still have rooms available for late reservations…..
I am in …. May do it by myself if no one else shows up…. Looking forward to it…..
@Montecresto …… you have been silent for too long…. What are your thoughts these days??. ?
do we need some photos from the Moab trip to get you fired up again??

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CE2A8883 60BF 4804 9555 868DCEF1D104
5EC3D104 F043 4ABA 9B71 EB637BD445BA

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
Well folks….. I am just wondering what the temperature of the group is….. I definitely cooled off with the announcement of our fearless leader that he was putting it into suspension mode…..
I am about ready to cancel the EXTRA rooms I had reserved so that we would have a block…. I am sure the place will still have rooms available for late reservations…..
I am in …. May do it by myself if no one else shows up…. Looking forward to it…..
@Montecresto …… you have been silent for too long…. What are your thoughts these days??. ?
Eye surgery is not until May 24 due to big backlog in surgeries because they stopped surgeries for the past two years due to the overreaction of COVID.

If the October ride is a go I plan on being there, might as well spend my money before it devalues away to nothing!

• Haha
Reactions: PJon and Smitty335
Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
I have my reservations in Kingman (thanks Stan) I purchased a open trailer for my Pioneer so I don’t have to haul my toy hauler at the gas costs so I am in at this point. I hope Frank get his eyes fixed in time.
Byron, are you open to a copilot? I have a friend that wants to go and ride his CRF230. I told him a UTV would be much better and I would check to see if there are any open seats. I can carry his gear, but Audrey thinks three in a P500 might (she said absoulutley is) a bit to cozy.

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
Byron, are you open to a copilot? I have a friend that wants to go and ride his CRF230. I told him a UTV would be much better and I would check to see if there are any open seats. I can carry his gear, but Audrey thinks three in a P500 might (she said absoulutley is) a bit to cozy.
Frank, I think I can do that although I can’t see how you can cram more stuff in your buggy, I can get some more in mine with careful packing though. Keep in touch Frank on your surgery

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Eye surgery is not until May 24 due to big backlog in surgeries because they stopped surgeries for the past two years due to the overreaction of COVID.
Yep, I’m experiencing similar. My knee replacement surgery that I had hoped would happen in April will not happen till July first, and that’s IF there’s no more cancellations……🙄

advertisement
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have my reservations and am still planning on going.

Reactions: Pilgrim
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m going to be solo in my P1K5. I should have space available for another person and some gear.

Reactions: Pilgrim
Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
I’m going to be solo in my P1K5. I should have space available for another person and some gear.
Thanks, I will let my friend know that between you and ByronM there is a seat available. My friend is easy going and very easy to get along with. Audrey and I will be carrying food for the three of us and he will only have a small tent, sleeping bag, and backpack. I learned a lot last year during the Rimrocker ride and now have a bigger rear rack and much less stuff so I could carry his stuff if needed.

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
Yep, I’m experiencing similar. My knee replacement surgery that I had hoped would happen in April will not happen till July first, and that’s IF there’s no more cancellations……🙄
Sorry to hear about you knee. I have known many people that have got knee replacement and it appears that doing the knee exercises and stretches has a lot to do with how well and fast the recovery goes, usually a month or two. Best wishes on the surgery.

Reactions: crewcabrob
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I will let my friend know that between you and ByronM there is a seat available. My friend is easy going and very easy to get along with. Audrey and I will be carrying food for the three of us and he will only have a small tent, sleeping bag, and backpack. I learned a lot last year during the Rimrocker ride and now have a bigger rear rack and much less stuff so I could carry his stuff if needed.
That will work. I’m planning to bring a one person tent/cot, sleeping bag, maybe some kind of cushion for the cot, one burner stove for hot water (coffee is a must), a small high quality cooler for ice, spare tire and tools, and of course some fresh clothes. I’m not planning to do a lot of cooking, as there should be things to eat available at gas stops. Of course, I’ll be bringing extra gas and water.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
l video, I don't think I will be showing it to my wife!
Actually watched the video and don’t think the trail is as tough as some that I ride on a regular basis here north of Tucson.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Good to hear that you guys are still planning on attending the ride. I have a garage full of goodies for my Pioneer to prep for the ride. Just need to find time to get them installed and tested prior to a big ride.

I even started to get some other components together for our camp. As things get closer, maybe I can reassess participating. Still a no as of right now.

Rob

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!