Fall 2022 Arizona Peace Trail cross country trek - Planning Thread!

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Ok, that I might be able to make. April doesn’t sound bd but will the snow be gone in the higher elevations?

Sorry to hear that the trip this fall is finding less support than anticipated. Hopefully it all works out in the end. Rob

Reactions: Smitty335
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well troops….. I am officially backing out of the peace trail ride this year….. too many side commitments and circumstances for me to be able to commit……
Best of luck and hope all goes well….I will be interested in seeing the reports…….
Sorry to hear that Pilgrim. I was looking forward to meeting you.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too am thinking of backing out on this year's October ride and doing the AZPT next April with Grn500 and whoever else joins in.
I’m sorry to hear this Keebler. Does this mean that your buddy that you talked out of going on his motorcycle won’t be going? Now we’re down to ByronM and 3 guys from Arkansas that haven’t been heard from for a while. I may have to invite some of my Polaris buddies.

Reactions: crewcabrob
ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
PJon, since we have reduced interest if you have anyone interested go ahead and see if they are interested. If we can get four or five confirmed machines I still want to go, as I have a 700 the rest may be waiting on me to catch up on the faster sections.

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hum.... So darn far away.. But Man, I'd love to do this.

There is a member who sent a small sponsor for the takeover from one of the groups who help look after this loop.
Forget the user's ID.
Here was the website he wanted as a small sponsor - https://www.quartzsiteoffroad.com/
Every January, Quartzite hosts a HUGE RV show. It started off (and still includes) a Rock & Gem show but has morphed into the Largest RV show in the US. Camping is free or you can pay $40 to stay on the BLM land that has water & dump stations.

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
That’s cool, thanks for the info. I kind of figured that at least in the southern desert portions of the trail lots of miles could be covered in a day. Of course there’s lots of things we’re going to want to pause and look at along the route, like Alamo Lake and Rock Canyon as you mentioned. Is Nellies bar and Oasis bar the same thing? My wife has all the nav in her phone so I’ll get her to load what you’ve got…😎👍
Just SE of Alamo Lake (about 5 mi) is Wayside Oasis Bar & Grill. It is a place you MUST STOP AT!!! Great little place with showers, gas and RV park. There's also Hundreds of acres for FREE CAMPING. We always stop in for a burger & beer when in the area.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
PJon, since we have reduced interest if you have anyone interested go ahead and see if they are interested. If we can get four or five confirmed machines I still want to go, as I have a 700 the rest may be waiting on me to catch up on the faster sections.
ByronM, there would be you and me plus WhiteLightning, Buckydoo and Monkeywrench63. I haven’t noticed any posts from the last 3 in several months, so I have no idea if they are still planning to attend. If anyone knows these individuals and can get ahold them and send a response to this post it would be appreciated. By the way, if you can run 35-40mph that shouldn’t be a problem.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Every January, Quartzite hosts a HUGE RV show. It started off (and still includes) a Rock & Gem show but has morphed into the Largest RV show in the US. Camping is free or you can pay $40 to stay on the BLM land that has water & dump stations.
Bob, we’re planning to start from Kingman on Monday morning Oct. 17, 2022. I’m pretty sure the first night will be on the trail after fueling in Wikieup. Second night in Solome. I can think of no reason that you and your buddies could not attend.

Last edited:
BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
Bob, we’re planning to start from Kingman on Monday morning Oct. 17, 2022. I’m pretty sure the first night will be on the trail after fueling in Wikieup. Second night in Solome. I can think of no reason that you and your buddies could not attend.
I will run the dates by our group. 1 guy lives in AK & winters in AZ. Not sure when he'll be back in town. We've been talking about a Spring run....

advertisement
WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry guys I've been crazy busy at work. We are a crew of 6 in the saw shop and we are down to 4 so I'm definitely a no show for this trip. So disappointing. Sure looking forward to retirement in 5 years.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry guys I've been crazy busy at work. We are a crew of 6 in the saw shop and we are down to 4 so I'm definitely a no show for this trip. So disappointing. Sure looking forward to retirement in 5 years.
Glad to hear from you and I’m sorry that you won’t be able to make the trip

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ByronM, if it ends up being just you and me, I’m still willing to take the trip, it will be a great adventure. I wouldn’t do this solo as some have done, but overall, I think it’s going to be easier than some of the trails I’ve ridden here north of Tucson.

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
PJon I would still like a couple of more for support but 2 would make planning and keeptrack of participants easier along with minimizing the dust problem so I am still in.
I would think we could use Keeblers worksheet as a tentative agenda and schedule for the trip. If it turns out it will just be a couple of us I think we can be pretty lose with the schedule and plan our nightly stops maybe a day in advance.
I am open to camping most of the time if we can shower or stay in a motel every other night or at a minimum every 3rd night.
I am considering using a tarp connected to my machine as a shelter for the room along with a cot but still may get a tent cot. As for meals I am planning on carrying dehydrated food for the trip and if we can pick up fresh food cooking dinner.

Currently I have a room reservations in Kingman on October 15 and 16, I guess if this is now our trip we can plan a different departure date and place. I am fine with the current but if something works out better for you let’s discuss it.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
PJon I would still like a couple of more for support but 2 would make planning and keeptrack of participants easier along with minimizing the dust problem so I am still in.
I would think we could use Keeblers worksheet as a tentative agenda and schedule for the trip. If it turns out it will just be a couple of us I think we can be pretty lose with the schedule and plan our nightly stops maybe a day in advance.
I am open to camping most of the time if we can shower or stay in a motel every other night or at a minimum every 3rd night.
I am considering using a tarp connected to my machine as a shelter for the room along with a cot but still may get a tent cot. As for meals I am planning on carrying dehydrated food for the trip and if we can pick up fresh food cooking dinner.

Currently I have a room reservations in Kingman on October 15 and 16, I guess if this is now our trip we can plan a different departure date and place. I am fine with the current but if something works out better for you let’s discuss it.
Byron, I have not planned anything for the time period of the planned ride. Let’s see if the group from Goodyear, AZ will be able to accompany us on the trip. I haven’t studied the AZPT atlas closely past the first two nights. We can probably get a hotel in Dateland for the 3rd night, but I really don’t want to overnight in Yuma. Don’t mind fueling up there, but I’m thinking that the fourth night should be camping on the trail. After that, I’m thinking that hotels will be available for the rest of the nights if we desire to use them. I’m happy to hear that you’re still willing to go if there are only the two of us.

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I think this trip must be jinxed, I have been battling a lower back and hip problem since June which has limited what I could do for the past several months barely able to walk, can’t really drive for more than 20 miles, no SxS, no motorcycles summer has sucked. Right now I am scheduling surgery to fuse a 2 disc and also looks like I need a hip also, I am lucky I should be able to make this trip this spring. Sorry PJon no go for me, hopefully the rest of the group can make in the spring.
✌️

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I think this trip must be jinxed, I have been battling a lower back and hip problem since June which has limited what I could do for the past several months barely able to walk, can’t really drive for more than 20 miles, no SxS, no motorcycles summer has sucked. Right now I am scheduling surgery to fuse a 2 disc and also looks like I need a hip also, I am lucky I should be able to make this trip this spring. Sorry PJon no go for me, hopefully the rest of the group can make in the spring.
✌️
I understand ByronM. If they want to go in the spring I’ll sign on to that. For now I’m going to cancel my attendance also. I hope the operation will get you back in good shape.

Reactions: Pilgrim
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
It’s really too bad the third trip fell apart. It really seemed to unravel with how the world was changing.

Now that I’ve got a little bit more of my prep work done I can feel a lot better about signing up to go on the trip. Like I said, it’s just really hard to spend that much time driving the distance to spend eight or so days on the trail.

I’m still really sad that I missed the Rimrocker trail. That seem to cement a lot of relationships and how people really wanted to see trail rides go. I’m really excited to do over landing adventures this next year

Reactions: Pilgrim
ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok now that looks like this fall trip fell through for a bunch of reason has anyone started to think about next spring? What month would work for everyone?

I am scheduled for back surgery next month and I will also need a hip replaced after I heal up from back surgery so if we can get a date for next spring I will try to schedule my hip replacement around the trip date.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you want to do it in the Spring, I’d recommend February or March. Any later than that and it’s going to be too hot.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!