Fall 2022 Arizona Peace Trail cross country trek - Planning Thread!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
az has no laws on the book about DOT tires. long as you have current registration, review mirror, lighted license plate, and a horn you're street legal in az. that includes the freeways.
i run the KM3's.
Awesome, what an expense that would have been…..

Reactions: Biteme
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
if i were in your shoes or even suggesting people a starting point. i'd park at Alamo lake, the oasis bar n grill. there is a large parking spot just outside the fence. even an air strip that is used regularly by locals. it's far enough away from major cities to worry about theft, and close enough access wise to be an easy spot.
Just my thoughts. then it's an easy few hour drive to Wickenburg for hotel when the trip is over. or even back to phx or any number of places.
I love that idea…..

Reactions: Biteme and Shelly
Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
You're going to want to get this part into your trail.

It's not to far off the trail and you can loop back to the AZPT trail really easy.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Received the AZPT atlas today. Very well done, user friendly with tabs for each section as it’s broken down. The atlas breaks it into 34 segments with segment 1 beginning at Kingman and heading south towards Yuma, so very convenient for us if we do in fact begin in Kingman….👍

AE646F77 2961 4684 AB55 0F01EA47CC85
FC99AF18 302D 4926 B615 E74CFFD24258
1CE7805E 1FB7 4BBF BEB7 6252EA4E484A

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
That looks really well thought out. Might have to order a copy myself. Would be good reference material so we’re all on the same page when looking at the trip for next year.

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s great. But when we start getting any interest from people that don’t have a plate yet we’ll post up info here on how to get it pretty easy.
Hi I did the peace trail in March 2021. Missouri does not have a street legal license plate. I was able to purchase one from New Mexico for $7.00. Yup seven dollars. It is a sticker that you put on the side of the utv. I was pulled over by Arizona fish and game while I was driving on paved road. I gave him the registration card New Mexico sent me and showed him the sticker, explained it is their plate. He ran everything came back and told me I was totally legal as far as Arizona was concerned. It took about 7-10 days to get the sticker after I applied for it online.
hope this helps! The trail was great you all will enjoy it!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hi I did the peace trail in March 2021. Missouri does not have a street legal license plate. I was able to purchase one from New Mexico for $7.00. Yup seven dollars. It is a sticker that you put on the side of the utv. I was pulled over by Arizona fish and game while I was driving on paved road. I gave him the registration card New Mexico sent me and showed him the sticker, explained it is their plate. He ran everything came back and told me I was totally legal as far as Arizona was concerned. It took about 7-10 days to get the sticker after I applied for it online.
hope this helps! The trail was great you all will enjoy it!
Nice! You got lucky. I have a residency in New Mexico and had that on my Pioneer 700 and it was put to the test twice in other states and not accepted. New Mexico actually has a metal plate like everyone else but I’ve not been able to get one during Covid with closed offices….

Btw, care to share your experience on the AZPT with us????🙏🏻

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
A counter has been installed across the trail near camp Bouse and about 2,000 OHV’s are using the trail a month during winter, the trails peak season….😎

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
One day I'll be able to run all over making rides like this. Work still interferes with my ride schedule!!! Besides that, these rides are so far for me to drive to.

advertisement
WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea i
One day I'll be able to run all over making rides like this. Work still interferes with my ride schedule!!! Besides that, these rides are so far for me to drive to.
Said the same thing. Now I just manage my vacation days to accommodate the rides. The Arizona ride is just over 20 hrs away from my address

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We’ll see ya on the trail one of these times hopefully….👍

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Looks like a great trip.

Watch out for those "sick birds".

G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
For us uninitiated, would one of you familiar with these trails make some recommendations on outfitting our rides. Perhaps divide it into two categories; necessary and recommended.

Later I'm sure I'll have more questions.

s/f Steve

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
Here is what I carry.
2 gallon roto pack water, washing hands, cook ware, washcloth baths.
2 g roto pack gas.
instant up tent, tent you want one that can be put up and taken down under a 2 min. Tarp for under tent. moving blanket for tent floor. my son likes a cot, i like 2" sleeping pad instead of the cot. mummy bag as they compress really small, compressible pillow.
small axe, shovel, small lighter fluid n matches lighter. hammer, tent stakes.
Head lamps, no need for lanterns. head lamps
3 post cost camp chairs.
pastic plates and eating utensils.
cup for drinks. bottle of favorite bourbon, plenty of drinking water. cooler and ice.
small bbq, small single burner for single pot.
spices.
wetwipes. washcloth, hand or face towel.
12V to ac inverter. tablet and phone charge cables and ac blocks. for the nights in a hotel. power strip.
drone.
Thermacell for the flies and bugs.
first-aid kit. tire plug kit air compressor.
vhf/uhv radio.
preferably headsets with intercoms and car to car capability. intercoms keep is nice and quiet on the ride no engine noise and able to talk to passenger and car to car radio lets the group communicate for p breaks and picture stops.

i also installed a few of these in my car. usb power
the headlamps and flashlights are USB chargable. so while driving they are charging.
my navigation is handled by a 10" samsung galaxy Tab A tablet. running GAIA maps. with an iBolt mound bolted to dash in front of passenger but turned to me.

clothes.

i'm sure there are some things i'm forgeting i'll edit post as i remember them .

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
For us uninitiated, would one of you familiar with these trails make some recommendations on outfitting our rides. Perhaps divide it into two categories; necessary and recommended.

Later I'm sure I'll have more questions.

s/f Steve
The necessaries are all listed on the AZPT website

The recommended is subject to personal preference and if you watch this thread long enough you’ll get plenty of suggestions.

Btw, are you planning on joining us?

G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Yes, I am giving serious thought to attending. My issue isn't so much time as timing. Sporting Clays is what really drives my wheel so I would have to plan around tournaments. Then again, I have had to put all shooting from doves to elk on hold for this past six months. If that happens again, a little back country riding will be perfect.

Thanks Killer223, your lists looks good but I have to have coffee as I am a coffee-aholic. I'll bring the 10 cup pot and stove.

Is there a "recommended" list of mods and a "gotta have" list for your Honda (or whatever for the heathens ;^) ?

Thanks in advance,

s/f Steve

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Is there a "recommended" list of mods and a "gotta have" list for your Honda (or whatever for the heathens ;^) ?
Haha, there’s definitely street legal status that you’ve got to have….

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!