William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My fan isn’t working now. Got all the way on the temp gauge. Y’all think it’s the motor? Never deep water to get in it...

H

HondaTech

Fuse good?

Try unplugging the connector and applying power to in directly.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fuse good?

Try unplugging the connector and applying power to in directly.
And.
If fues is good and the fan works directly then Put a test light on the wire harness side. The blue wire should always be hot when key is on.
Fan is triggered by a negetive switch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok I checked the fuse, voltage on blue wire, and hooked the fan up to direct power. It’s the fan motor.... Now I got to figure out how the heck to get it out!!!

Reactions: panther1
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh yeah... 244 miles on the fan... Never submerged...

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FYI I got the fan shroud out without taking the grille off. The manual sais you have to. It is tight but I really didn’t want to take the grille and headlights off...

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok I checked the fuse, voltage on blue wire, and hooked the fan up to direct power. It’s the fan motor.... Now I got to figure out how the heck to get it out!!!
Well. That sucks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I was wrong... There was mud in the vent hose and fan motor I guess at some point I submerged it. Will be running the vent up higher!

Reactions: 70Bones
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My parts will be here tomorrow! Fan motor and new factory skid plate. I’m teeing the fan vent into the front diff vent. Shouldn’t have any more problems after that. I kinda stretched the eye holes in the skid plate when I high centered on a rock. Then the steel crossmember turned into a grader or plow and would scoop mud up all the time...

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it turned out good... Fan works now and got the vent where it won’t get any more water in it.

H

HondaTech

Theres a height specification for the fan vent, I think its 31 inches off the ground. You would've had it pretty deep to get that in water.

Edit: The vent hose should be around 31 inches off the ground, around the middle of the fan motor, maybe just a little higher. Youd know if you had it that deep.

B

Baldeagle

Sep 16, 2017
AB

Pain in the butt. Got to rip the whole front end apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Theres a height specification for the fan vent, I think its 31 inches off the ground. You would've had it pretty deep to get that in water.

Edit: The vent hose should be around 31 inches off the ground, around the middle of the fan motor, maybe just a little higher. Youd know if you had it that deep.

I honestly don’t remember doing it... that’s the strange thing. I don’t go through deep stuff but one hole at a park last weekend had to have done it... It drops off at the start but wasn’t over the seat when it flattens out. All I can think... Mines not even snorkeled. Oh well... problem fixed now!

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pain in the butt. Got to rip the whole front end apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did it without pulling the grille off... Was easy.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!