P1000 Favorite, best Colorado trails

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all,
Taking the fam and 1000-5 to Colorado for a few days of riding. Going to stop in Mancos to ride some familiar trail in the San Juan mountains.

Any other trails you recommend?

Going to travel to possibly Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Montrose.

F0EB4697 4304 488B 9639 F98FE0D05824 7EE8B8E1 5EAC 4DB6 8F6D 9584C8FB41EF

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi all,
Taking the fam and 1000-5 to Colorado for a few days of riding. Going to stop in Mancos to ride some familiar trail in the San Juan mountains.

Any other trails you recommend?

Going to travel to possibly Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Montrose.

View attachment 141404 View attachment 141405

I've ridden a lot of the Rockies on the eastern side of Colorado and it's all good. I believe @SouthParkColorado knows the area you're headed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Is this the first time out on the trails in Colorado?
I have only been out one time on the side by side at least a half a dozen times in Explorers and Ranger's pick ups, starting at Lake City did Carson then up to Animus Forks to the 550 high way either way you choose to Bear pass to Telleride, Imagene trail out of the north side of Telleride is a nice long day don't think your allowed on 550 with side by sides

Last edited:
2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Going to spend a day or two in the mountains of Mancos. Not sure where after that. We’ve ridden the train from Durango to Silverton and that was a great experience.

Now that I have pioneer, I want to ride some good trails. I’ve ridden plenty of desert and mountains in northern Arizona.

I like how there are lots of creek / stream crossings in Colorado and you usually end up with a breathtaking view at some Point.

I used to snowmobile near south fork until I sold it a few years ago. I wanted something I could ride year round = UTV.

SouthParkColorado

SouthParkColorado

Feb 4, 2018
Hartsel, CO & Aurora, CO
www.flickr.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I've ridden a lot of the Rockies on the eastern side of Colorado and it's all good. I believe @SouthParkColorado knows the area you're headed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Much better yet, contact https://hondasxs.com/members/orangecrate.9557/ if you can. I know he's in Alaska at the moment, but maybe he's still watching the forum. He lives near Delta, CO and has ridden everywhere on the western slope...

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi All,
Heading to silverton Colorado July 25th. Was going to camp off of mineral creek road but looks like it’s closed? Or maybe just further in?

Any other good places to camp near silverton, ouray area? Not into KOA type camping. Prefer a spot off a dirt road in the woods by a stream.

was planning to ride trails listed by @ArkansasTalon and maybe drive to yankee boy basin.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimG
ArkansasTalon

ArkansasTalon

Oct 11, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon R
My profile photo was taken on Camp Bird Road.

You can ride the sxs up to Yankee Boy after riding Imogene. There is a place to park a trailer a few miles up Camp Bird Road. If you head up to Yankee Boy, look for the turn to Governor's Basin on the left. The view from up there is amazing.

ArkansasTalon

ArkansasTalon

Oct 11, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Check out the Cotrex app if you dont already have it. You can toggle between hiking, sxs and jeep trails. It's really useful if you're riding in Colorado.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Hi All,
Heading to silverton Colorado July 25th. Was going to camp off of mineral creek road but looks like it’s closed? Or maybe just further in?

Any other good places to camp near silverton, ouray area? Not into KOA type camping. Prefer a spot off a dirt road in the woods by a stream.

was planning to ride trails listed by @ArkansasTalon and maybe drive to yankee boy basin.
I don't know how big your camping rig is but there are some spots directly on and around Lake San Cristibal just outside of Lake City. Very nice area on the Alpine Loop. You can ride atv's into town there for food and gas. The sites rent for like $15 or $20 a night very cheap. "may be on a first come first serve basis I'm not sure". These are no frills parking spots with a great view, LOL

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the suggestions! Ended up driving through silverton and camping off dirt road after Howardsville. Rofrom there to lake city over engineer pass and cinnamon pass.

Going to ride to ouray today and then to Yankee boy and back to Howardsville/ silverton if all goes to plan.

Reactions: CID and TimG

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!