P1000 Few more questions and updates on my build

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello again everybody hope your well I want to say I really appreciate everyone’s help with my build so far big things are in the works weather you agree with them or not is ok but I wanna share with everyone

so recently I dropped some extra money into new upgrades I have new tires 33x9.5x20 also came with new rims I have 6 in portals with 45% gear reduction and a powervision 3 tuner all showed up today I have already installed front and rear a arms so very excited to see the turn out

still a lil upset that super atv has not released a aftermarket axle for my buggy I called up there and the girl told me there are no plans to make one so maybe they can shed some light on this if they see this post

biggest issue right now is I went on one of my longest rides the other day after installing the a arms (other mods not on yet) and I over heated all the way till the light came on I have read threw some post and found that cleaning radiator may help along with a custom tune so I will work on that but can someone shed some light on the fan switch override and the lifted burping I’m not familiar with these

last thing if anyone has any new info on the axles for my limited I’m listening Honda is saying back order with no eta but my front left somehow has a slight warp in the shaft any ideas on what I should do about this anyone have a video on how to assemble or rebuild these axles

I know it may not sound like but I have done a lot of research just haven’t had any luck

thanks In advance once the new parts are on I will post pics

Reactions: JenElio
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What do you mean by a warp in the shaft? Do you have a picture? What are you running for shocks? Do you have any kind of lift kit installed with the a-arms? Which a-arms?

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What do you mean by a warp in the shaft? Do you have a picture? What are you running for shocks? Do you have any kind of lift kit installed with the a-arms? Which a-arms?
When it spins it hops slightly, no but I can take one tomorrow morning , fox shocks, no lift kit, super at. A arms front and rear with the heavy duty ball joints

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hello again everybody hope your well I want to say I really appreciate everyone’s help with my build so far big things are in the works weather you agree with them or not is ok but I wanna share with everyone

so recently I dropped some extra money into new upgrades I have new tires 33x9.5x20 also came with new rims I have 6 in portals with 45% gear reduction and a powervision 3 tuner all showed up today I have already installed front and rear a arms so very excited to see the turn out

still a lil upset that super atv has not released a aftermarket axle for my buggy I called up there and the girl told me there are no plans to make one so maybe they can shed some light on this if they see this post

biggest issue right now is I went on one of my longest rides the other day after installing the a arms (other mods not on yet) and I over heated all the way till the light came on I have read threw some post and found that cleaning radiator may help along with a custom tune so I will work on that but can someone shed some light on the fan switch override and the lifted burping I’m not familiar with these

last thing if anyone has any new info on the axles for my limited I’m listening Honda is saying back order with no eta but my front left somehow has a slight warp in the shaft any ideas on what I should do about this anyone have a video on how to assemble or rebuild these axles

I know it may not sound like but I have done a lot of research just haven’t had any luck

thanks In advance once the new parts are on I will post pics
🤔....I don't think the a-arms would cause the overheating. Maybe just a dirty radiator or an air pocket in the system.

Lifting the front of the buggy up and running it most times "burps" the air out. There's also a pressure release bolt on the lines.

The fan override you can buy from the club store, it lets you control when the fan comes on......always on, off, or auto I believe.

Also, I would think @SuperATV would be working on the "LE" axles soon seeing as there's quite a lot more Hondas out now running them.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When it spins it hops slightly, no but I can take one tomorrow morning , fox shocks, no lift kit, super at. A arms front and rear with the heavy duty ball joints
Does the CV joint with the hop click at all while rolling or turning? You may have over extended it and bound one of the balls in the joint. You may be able to remove the shaft, remove the boot, clean the joint and debur the spot where it was bound.

Reactions: TripleB
Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the CV joint with the hop click at all while rolling or turning? You may have over extended it and bound one of the balls in the joint. You may be able to remove the shaft, remove the boot, clean the joint and debur the spot where it was bound.
I have not have not heard any clicking or popping noises I also installed the stops that came with the a arms

advertisement
Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
🤔....I don't think the a-arms would cause the overheating. Maybe just a dirty radiator or an air pocket in the system.

Lifting the front of the buggy up and running it most times "burps" the air out. There's also a pressure release bolt on the lines.

The fan override you can buy from the club store, it lets you control when the fan comes on......always on, off, or auto I believe.

Also, I would think @SuperATV would be working on the "LE" axles soon seeing as there's quite a lot more Hondas out now running them.
I hope so I will try to clean radiator and burp the system

Reactions: TripleB and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I hope so I will try to clean radiator and burp the system
Check to make sure the fan is turning on. The one and only 🤞 time mine overheated was fue to a small amount of mud I missed while cleaning the fan. It dried up stoping the fan from spinning, luckily it didn't damage the fan but when radiator boiled over it created a air pocket that lasted the entire weekend I rode until I was able to burp it. Good luck 👍

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check to make sure the fan is turning on. The one and only 🤞 time mine overheated was fue to a small amount of mud I missed while cleaning the fan. It dried up stoping the fan from spinning, luckily it didn't damage the fan but when radiator boiled over it created a air pocket that lasted the entire weekend I rode until I was able to burp it. Good luck 👍
Do you have to take cap off when you burp it at an angle

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Way I did it, left it on till it started to cycle through then very carefully and quickly removed cap. Nothing happened.......but then it did 😂. If yours didn't boil over then you didn't loose coolant. I had to do a coolant change cause I added water mid trail. As I kept adding coolant it would burp now and then. I let it run for a while full of coolant until it burped no more. Been almost 2 years no issues 🤞

Reactions: TripleB and CID
Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Way I did it, left it on till it started to cycle through then very carefully and quickly removed cap. Nothing happened.......but then it did 😂. If yours didn't boil over then you didn't loose coolant. I had to do a coolant change cause I added water mid trail. As I kept adding coolant it would burp now and then. I let it run for a while full of coolant until it burped no more. Been almost 2 years no issues 🤞
What coolant you use

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
There's also a pressure release under the bench seat somewhere. You may want to try that first see if you can get to it that way. I've not done that since I had to add coolant to mine anyways so I just burped it. Last I read @Bastardchild done it to his machine a while back.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm pretty sure @SuperATV reported in one of your other threads that he was hopeful they'd have LE style axles in October...

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm pretty sure @SuperATV reported in one of your other threads that he was hopeful they'd have LE style axles in October...
You are correct so I called up there to verify and they told me there are no plans to make any

Reactions: SuperATV
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
You are correct so I called up there to verify and they told me there are no plans to make any
This is true! The plan is to have them ready by the end of October. Fingers crossed.

Sorry @Bigmanlittlebuggy . Some of the guys back on the phones aren't really privy to that kind of super secret "insider" info. ;) 🤣

Sometimes I feel like the Wizard of Oz with inside info....and sometimes I'm just as blind-sided as everyone else.

Wizrd of oz pay no attention

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!