Talon Few questions about stability at speed.

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
my question is more for the engineers on here. or maybe the racers.
i've changed my ride height to 16" front and 15" rear. would this change from being equal 16F-16R
negatively effect the handling?
would that change in caster on the front because the rear is now 1' lower, be enough to make the car road happy?

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
car was resprung with Shock therapy, after getting it back it was 17F 16.5R, i set to 16 FR,
by raising the rings or decreasing the preload, lowered the car, the crossovers are about 2' up.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
i have 32" tires
I have the same springs and ST's starting point was high for me also, I had to lower it down quite a bit.

MOST will say to set up the front equal or slightly higher than the rear but not lower.

True 32 inch tires will only add 2 inches to th ST specs. So if they are true 32, you should be at 15.5 front and 15 in the rear.

32 inch tires vary widely. You should jack up and actually measure your tires circumference and then divide by 3.1416 to get the true diameter. Then subtract that from 28 then divide that by 2 and add it to the ST specs.

Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!