P1000 Few recent additions

M

mactoyscb

May 10, 2022
canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here are a few recent additions over the last few months.

Installed a backup camera that I also use as a rear mirror.

Installed 8kw diesel heater. Keeps things warm even when driving. Pretty inexpensive and it can be removed in two minutes if need be. Working good so far this winter.

20230131 163318 20230106 202327

M

mactoyscb

May 10, 2022
canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good. The one I got has the tank and heater together in a case. The only downside I see so far is the cool down time

View attachment 372393
FYI.....if you don't have a drain hole in your exhaust line you may run into issues. Direction changes aren't great for it either. I have kept.my direction changes under 180 degrees total and sloping downhill to avoid condensation from pooling. This has resulted in clean efficient combustion.

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
FYI.....if you don't have a drain hole in your exhaust line you may run into issues. Direction changes aren't great for it either. I have kept.my direction changes under 180 degrees total and sloping downhill to avoid condensation from pooling. This has resulted in clean efficient combustion.
[/QUOT
That's probably more what I wanted originally but it wasn't In stock at the time. Worked out either way, just needed a little bit of assembly.
Thanks for the info it’s a work in progress. I’m still in the experimental stages. This morning was the 1st morning with enough snow and ice to see if it would defrost my windshield. I went with more of the 3” duct. The same stuff it came with. Into a Y then around the door and down the a pillar a bit. The vent swivels but pointed at the windshield it took about 10 minutes this morning to have it clear. Waiting on more duct to run the other side of the y. It’s on a slow boat from china.

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Is there a fuel filter and a nozzle like an oil furnace has? If so, assuming with the burn, it will Create soot that will have to be cleaned out for maintenance especially the exhaust.
Im a fuel oil furnace (diesel) tech and knowing how that burns in a furnace (very hot heat tho) there is service maintenance that needs to be done yearly for optimum performance and to avoid premature shutdowns.

Reactions: Smittyp
M

mactoyscb

May 10, 2022
canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the one air duct just coming over the seats in the middle. It just points at the window and does its thing.....may not be the best looking, but it's just there for a few cold months. You can bend the air duct and aim it lower if legs/feet get cold. Good enough.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looks as if it indeed does have a cad cell relay of some sort and a nozzle system with a mini transformer. Its just mini in size. Id check it yearly for any sooting and get a new filter and nozzle for it or it will plug up and go bad or burn something up.
cool tho! Hope it works out for ya! Keep reporting back with its progress

M

mactoyscb

May 10, 2022
canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there a fuel filter and a nozzle like an oil furnace has? If so, assuming with the burn, it will Create soot that will have to be cleaned out for maintenance especially the exhaust.
Im a fuel oil furnace (diesel) tech and knowing how that burns in a furnace (very hot heat tho) there is service maintenance that needs to be done yearly for optimum performance and to avoid premature shutdowns.
There is a fuel filter and glow plug and metering pump. If it starts to act up down the road I'll do a bit of maintenance .

"Do you need to clean diesel air heaters? How long do they last?

Not really. Normal usage of heaters is around 500 hours. Replacement parts after that time are usually the glow plug, filter and burner cartridge. We sell repair kits for our heaters, which includes all of the necessary components that should be replaced. The useable life of your heater might be extended if you burn your heater on high after use. This will clear the unit of residual soot."

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Naaaa...That was a quote from vendor. Talking to a local guy here who paid the dealer $1500 to put in a "Honda" heater that does not work great I am happy with my $200 decision so far.
Gotcha! You didnt put quotation marks in there that's why i asked.

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the one air duct just coming over the seats in the middle. It just points at the window and does its thing.....may not be the best looking, but it's just there for a few cold months. You can bend the air duct and aim it lower if legs/feet get cold. Good enough.
I may leave my second line loose to move around to put it in the floor if I need it. I’ll keeps doing it’s thing it will prob live in there from the last part of deer season through the 1st half of turkey season. I like the heat but if it just clears the windshield I’ll be happy. The sheet/blanket on the windshield truck gets old.

M

mactoyscb

May 10, 2022
canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone run the Honda oem aluminum skid plate? I have one, just didn't get around to installing it yet. Wasn't sure about drain hole locations so I just did engine and transmission oil change while the factory plastic skid plate is still on. I'll try to remember to take a few pictures when I go to put the aluminum plates on.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!