P500 Finally got my 500

H

HogHntr460

Jun 17, 2016
Hartselle, AL.
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy to all Pioneer fans. Just bought my first SxS. Had to go with a P500 after researching all brands and reading all of your posts for the last year or so. I've been a Honda fan for 40+ yrs anyway. Couldn't be happier. Came from the dealer with a hard roof, tip out full windshield and 26s already installed. Starting to add goodies, just not sure where to start. Thinking a winch is no.1 priority, then bumpers, storage boxes and lights. Have to do a little at a time. Any advice on must have goodies would be greatly appreciated. And thanks to all for the great forum, especially to HondaSxS for the warm welcome to the club.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Howdy to all Pioneer fans. Just bought my first SxS. Had to go with a P500 after researching all brands and reading all of your posts for the last year or so. I've been a Honda fan for 40+ yrs anyway. Couldn't be happier. Came from the dealer with a hard roof, tip out full windshield and 26s already installed. Starting to add goodies, just not sure where to start. Thinking a winch is no.1 priority, then bumpers, storage boxes and lights. Have to do a little at a time. Any advice on must have goodies would be greatly appreciated. And thanks to all for the great forum, especially to HondaSxS for the warm welcome to the club.
Glad you joined up, welcome in. Storage, you may want the Honda bag. Me and my riding buddy both had to use our winches last weekend, went down a very steep sandy bank to the Ouachita river. Couldn't climb it. Winched to a tree and we were up and on our way again. Go ahead and get the winch, you'll likely use it.

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Welcome! I'll agree that a winch would probably be my next purchase. They are just good insurance, even if never used. I would also look into a rear panel, to keep the dust down. I would never have believed how well they work in that capacity, until seeing it myself. I have seen on this site that Koplin has an aftermarket model out for a very reasonable price. I hope you enjoy your new P500. I have had a blast with mine!

Reactions: Montecresto
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome aboard HogHntr! What color is that new rig? Post a pic for us.
It's funny, everyone who joins says that they've been watching the forum for a while...
I know I did too. Wonder how many more are out there and never get to chime in because they haven't joined.
It only takes a few minutes and doesn't cost anything...
You just made a whole lot of new friends that share your interest
and are, sincerely, here to help! :)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

@HogHntr460 Welcome to the club and congrats on the new ride.

H

HogHntr460

Jun 17, 2016
Hartselle, AL.
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks.
@HogHntr460 Welcome to the club and congrats on the new ride.
Thanks for the welcoming guys. Forgot to mention that I've already added mirrors, Bluetooth speaker and a storage box strapped to the rack. As P500 fan suggested, a rear panel is on my wanted list. For Trigger, it's yellow. Calling it my "Lil Bee". I'll post pics when I figure out how to.....LoL.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thanks.

Thanks for the welcoming guys. Forgot to mention that I've already added mirrors, Bluetooth speaker and a storage box strapped to the rack. As P500 fan suggested, a rear panel is on my wanted list. For Trigger, it's yellow. Calling it my "Lil Bee". I'll post pics when I figure out how to.....LoL.
The winch is almost a needed item... especially if you ever ride alone. My 2 cents... get that winch, and don't spend another cent on upgrades until you can afford some 26" radial tires. You won't be disappointed!!!

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!