BOX1

P500 Finally got my pioneer 520

S

spartner

Oct 17, 2019
Spokane
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry, a new vehicle should treat you better, but please get back to us with the details of the repairs from your Honda dealer....
The same thing happened with my P5 on it's initial ride. I shut the machine off to let the computers re-set themselves and I have had no further issues. I'm at 800 miles now. The manual says to shut it off and restart it and that should clear the problem.

Reactions: rtn001 and J80
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Glad I never got the automatic option with mine. Seems most that have had a shifting problem have the auto's. Now these new ones have that so called improved mapping. I'm sure they'll get it figured out but I'll take my no option shift paddles.

R

rblack22

Nov 26, 2015
What are the tire sizes on these stock? So ridiculous putting 14” tires on the P5’s

R

rblack22

Nov 26, 2015
Rubbing or are they not true to size?
I also put 1” spring spacers and 1.5” wheel spacers. Just touches frame at full lock. Wasn't interested in cutting frame corner, cuz it’s a non issue. Could put 2” wheel spacers on and be clear completely

M

mrscanham

Jan 23, 2021
Portland oregon
Ownership

1. 500
I was having issues with my brand new 520 related to shifting. Don't have a lot of details, but the dealer resolved it - was related to a connection at the time of assembly is what they said. Runs great after two days in the shop.
That's good to hear! Thank you for telling me your experience. I should be getting it back today I hope.

S

skinnyman

May 22, 2020
ohio
Ownership

1. 500
On the subject of "auto"/ "manual" mode shifting.

My 2017 while in "manual" mode will downshift itself. It will not up shift but it will go down. Very annoying. The timing on these shifts are at times goofy but at times the harshness of the shift isn't too bad. I had one or two times the down shifts were smooth.

Switched to the "auto" mode upshifts happen soon, like barely taking off it shifts to second and so on. Down shifts are early, like let off the gas to coast(engine brake) and it will downshift. The down shift will be harsh like hitting the brakes. I once had coffee flying out of my mug and my dog nose diving into the dash. Oh and it will lay rubber and bark the tires while doing it's "auto" down shift.

I cannot stress test driving enough. I sure hope the P520 doesn't act this way. My 2007 Honda Rancher 400 shifts so smooth in auto I don't know when it shifts, up or down. SWEET

Fruitz101

Fruitz101

Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Glad I never got the automatic option with mine. Seems most that have had a shifting problem have the auto's. Now these new ones have that so called improved mapping. I'm sure they'll get it figured out but I'll take my no option shift paddles.
Totally agree trigger, if they made a manual shift only 520 I’d consider selling my ‘15 and get one..

joeyaffhy

joeyaffhy

Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-2
Congrats from MA. I was baffled when my P700 was in a limp mode until I figured that the drivers seatbelt needs to be fastened.. Good luck with your new machine! Enjoy!

shoplizard

shoplizard

Nov 27, 2016
Great Falls, MT 59405
Ownership

1. 500
Congratulations from Montana, I like the Red color my 2016 P500 is also red. Mine is just prior to the auto-shift versions but I like the manual shift with the paddles I always know what it is going to do unless I am making a turn on the streets and forget that the left paddle is not a turn signal lever, that will shake the coffee from your mug. By the way, do the P520's have cup holders big enough to handle something bigger Bull Energy drink can?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!