P500 Finally got my pioneer 520

Fruitz101

Fruitz101

Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Congratulations from Montana, I like the Red color my 2016 P500 is also red. Mine is just prior to the auto-shift versions but I like the manual shift with the paddles I always know what it is going to do unless I am making a turn on the streets and forget that the left paddle is not a turn signal lever, that will shake the coffee from your mug. By the way, do the P520's have cup holders big enough to handle something bigger Bull Energy drink can?
Look into a swigzy- work great

Reactions: J80
C

Codemun

Feb 7, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How fast does it go? I'm interested in the P520, but want to make sure it can do more than 40mph. I'm attracted to its 50" size, dump bed, but sad to see no power steering or diff lock. Hopefully after market figures a fix for these issues in fast order. I'm new here, and just learning the site, and dont own a sxs but have owned 4wheelers and dirt bike in the past. Thanks for any input you can provide about your 520.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
How fast does it go? I'm interested in the P520, but want to make sure it can do more than 40mph. I'm attracted to its 50" size, dump bed, but sad to see no power steering or diff lock. Hopefully after market figures a fix for these issues in fast order. I'm new here, and just learning the site, and dont own a sxs but have owned 4wheelers and dirt bike in the past. Thanks for any input you can provide about your 520.
There are several aftermarket electric power steering kits and Torq Locker makes a front, non-selectable, locker for them. I don't have either of these yet but the people that do say it makes them nearly unstoppable.

It also has a top speed of about 40mph, give or take.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Not over 40. One of the new 520 owners took speed readings already (sorry can't remember who, maybe @Aerolite ) and they seem to be set where the later model 500's were, 38-40. First couple years the 500's were set at 41-43. Used to bounce mine off at 43 until adding a Dobeck and for some reason took it to 41. Running much bigger tires so have no idea how fast I'm really going, just what the dash reads.
Unless you need 50" I'd look at a 700, but it's no speed demon either.

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, that was me. Pasted here for Codemun.

I went out with the stock wheels and tires and used two GPS speedometer apps on my iphone to see the speeds, (both read identical). Then did the same with the new ones.
With the stock 24's, on average, the GPS showed the speeds to be 3.5kph (2.2mph) slower than what the speedometer was showing.
With the new 27's, on average, the GPS showed the speeds to be 3.5kph (2.2mph) faster than what the speedometer was showing.
I did four runs up and down our paved road with each set, and ran at 30kph, 40kph, 50kph and 60kph, to come up with the average.
So an overall average of 7kph (4.3mph) difference.
To answer your question for top speed, stock wheels showed 57kph on GPS at 60, and 27's showed 63kph on GPS at 60, so 6kph (3.8mph) difference.

TBea

TBea

Supporting Member
Dec 6, 2020
So. Cal.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Got my 520. Wow, great little rig. We've named it "The Goat". I've got place 100 miles north of L.A. , picture taken at 5800'. Perfect rig for our trails and handy little work horse.

IMG 0512

hondaranger10

hondaranger10

Nov 27, 2020
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Enjoy, Enjoy, from NEPA that's a fine glacial blue. Its nice to see that model is making the rounds I'm waiting for my P520...

Reactions: J80 and azabaw23

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!