Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
I've got 1/2 inch clearance between windshield and ROP's?
2A5D2D0D 970E 4D84 8FBF BC640E4B83EF

honda oem glass windshield is tight to ROPS

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
And your clamps fit? Never mind your clamps are different than the SKU # UTV-SM-G4-CLR that I was looking at on line, by any chance do you have the SKU#? of your lights?
I can’t find them anywhere except amazon.
741FDB4B 9262 40A8 9448 78EAF9BE8EA9

I originally bought from ebay but the ad is gone.

they are marked “G3”

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Ordered! I will see how they work out. Hope there not too bright for riding behind another rider.
They are angled when you can see behind you in the mirror.

I like them in the winter. (It hardly gets dark here in the summer)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They are angled when you can see behind you in the mirror.

I like them in the winter. (It hardly gets dark here in the summer)
Been there, you can kill yourself, fishing form Sun up till Sun down up there!

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I put the xbrite mounts on this weekend. I bought a 4 pack of LED Pods on eBay that had a good brightness specification. I took all of them and used silicone caulk around the lens and where it connected from the sides to the center. The last two I put on the lower part of the bumper got soaked after the first ride. They still worked, but had water in the bottom of both. So I replaced those this weekend too. Below I have pictures of the mounted lights and the PODs as I added the silicone. I use electrical tape to keep excess silicone off the lens and used a metal blade to push the silicone in.

61748592998  9D0EC104 46EC 47A9 9F8D A84C58159F40 1 IMG 1024 IMG 1025 IMG 1026

Reactions: Mudwing
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
We went camping over the weekend and I finally got the Talon out at night to see how well the lights worked. It rained all week and some over the weekend so the trails we a mud hole and wet. The LED pods worked great, I have two on the bumper, and two on the cage. The 4 of them on were actually brighter than the 20" light bar on my Teryx, which really surprised me. Once again, I filled all the cracks with silicone calk to help with the water, and it appeared to work well as none of the lights had water in them at the end of the weekend. Here is a eBay link to the LED pods if anyone is interested.

If the link doesn't work google this: 4X 4"INCH 200W LED Light Bar Spot Flood Pods Lights Off-Road Tractor 4WD 12V 3''

TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Be advised the nilight brand pods i have mounted are trash so don't even bother with them. Worst led i have ever seen. I have something different on the way that should do the job.
I used a NiLight 12 bar on my old Honda Forman. It was the perfect size for the bike and I would recommend it. We Moose hunt off road in Northern Alberta, and I know several other people using the 12-20 inch bar on quads and Pioneer 500s. Don't know what issue you have with the Pods, haven't used these.

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I used a NiLight 12 bar on my old Honda Forman. It was the perfect size for the bike and I would recommend it. We Moose hunt off road in Northern Alberta, and I know several other people using the 12-20 inch bar on quads and Pioneer 500s. Don't know what issue you have with the Pods, haven't used these.
I have a 32 inch nilight bar on the rear and it does well, but the pods are horrible and put out very little light compared to other pods i have used in the past the nilight pods are a joke.

Reactions: Tedbell52
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
So I looked for LED Pod light covers and all I could find were the plastic slip over kind. I thought for sure I'd find someone that made a drawstring bag or something to cover them. We ride some back woods trails where the tree branches and overgrowth are so bad they are hitting you in the cab. So I wanted the upper ones to be protected from getting scratched. I couldn't find anything that was LED Pod specific, but I did find these Chanel Make up bags that work great! I know, it's odd, but what the heck, it works!

IMG 1101 IMG 1100

Reactions: IDIOT

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!