P1000 Fire Dept 2022 1000-5 Build

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mounted the Brow light. Due to the slope of the Honda roof I had to fabricate my own bracket. I also ran the top bracket bolts through the roof to clamps on the front of the roll cage to stabilize the light. Hopefully it's enough to keep it from shaking. If not I'll have to figure out how to stabilize the front as well. I really like the Baja light products. They are powerful and solid. A bit more expensive but the performance of these things allows for smaller lights. This 20" OnX6 has more output than the 48" dual row LED bar I was originally looking at.
UTV 15
UTV 17

Jas sxs

Jas sxs

Oct 15, 2021
rankin county ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
love the build !!! definitely will be awesome I have been a paramedic for 34 , and 18 of those years on a medical helicopter I know of many times that
would have been very valuable to the rescue,,, I will defiantly be following this build

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
After a lot of work getting funding i'm excited to build a P1k-5 for my fire department to respond in our local mountain parks for emergencies. I'm looking forward to seeing this project finished but first have a lot of accessories to install. Most of which have already been covered in this forum by others. Before I begin I would like to thank all those who post detailed install threads. I've been reading them for a while and they have helped me make decisions on which accessories will best serve our expected needs for this machine.

The details:
2022 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe
FOX shock upgrade -dealer installed
Hard roof - dealer installed
Super ATV flip up windshield - dealer installed
Seizmik Pursuit Night vision Mirrors
Seizmik X10D bed extender
Super ATV High clearance rear A-Arms (waiting for them to mfg the fronts)
Whelen emergency lighting and siren
Baja Designs 20" OnX6 and S2 Pro lighting
Warn Axon 45-s winch with Factor 55 closed system accessories
Super ATV full plastic skid plate - dealer installed
Super ATV frame stiffener - dealer installed
Super ATV Heavy duty tie rods - dealer installed
Super ATV rear bumper with clevis - dealer installed
Super ATV nerf bars - dealer installed
Method 401 beadlock wheels 14x7
STI XComp ATR DOT rated tires 28"
Rugged Radios M1 radio with intercom system
Switch Pros RCR-Force-12 control pad
TruAm Dual battery isolator

That's the bulk of it. I'll have to fabricate a front bumper, a dash mounting plate for the radio, intercom, & SwitchPros pad. Also will need to build a patient basket/transport system and thinking about a basic overhead console/wire chase.

This is Day 1 pictures with new grippers installed
View attachment 363011

View attachment 363012
Great looking rig! I like to see the versatility of these rig. Welcome to the forum and let the WORK begin… and on the off days “Let the good times roll!”

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That rig is going to have to be ‘exercised’ 3-4 times a week. You know, just to keep the seals wet and make sure the gas doesn’t go stale.
I’d hate to see it needed for a call and the battery is dead…

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Christmas Update: With help I have a bumper made. I was impatient and welded a twist into it but I think I can get it out. Not a lot of strength in the Honda frame from what I can tell especially compared the the mount I made for it. Hopefully the skid plate adds strength by creating a triangle. Still have a lot of finishing work to do and I have to cut out for the BD S2's & rock lights. I'm also going to mount the siren behind the crossed axes. I've installed all of the dash components. Still need to finish/paint the aluminum but it all fits. I plan on using the key-code function of the SwitchPros for the ignition and a push button switch for the Starter. I'm also going to put a Cole Hersee 2484-06 Battery switch where the key used to go to eliminate any possible parasitic draw when it's not in use.
UTV 19
UTV 18
UTV 20

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Christmas Update: With help I have a bumper made. I was impatient and welded a twist into it but I think I can get it out. Not a lot of strength in the Honda frame from what I can tell especially compared the the mount I made for it. Hopefully the skid plate adds strength by creating a triangle. Still have a lot of finishing work to do and I have to cut out for the BD S2's & rock lights. I'm also going to mount the siren behind the crossed axes. I've installed all of the dash components. Still need to finish/paint the aluminum but it all fits. I plan on using the key-code function of the SwitchPros for the ignition and a push button switch for the Starter. I'm also going to put a Cole Hersee 2484-06 Battery switch where the key used to go to eliminate any possible parasitic draw when it's not in use.
View attachment 367635View attachment 367636View attachment 367637
Awesome bumper

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I added some 3M series 2080 carbon fiber wrap to the aluminum dash plates. I really like the way it ties in with the rest of the interior. Also started on the overhead console today. Basically a piece of 1/8" aluminum 6 feet long with measurements of 4x6x4 bent at 60 degrees to form a channel. This will house all the wiring for the upper lights, the dome lights, the headset jacks, headset hooks, and the external radio speaker.
UTV 21
UTV 22
UTV 23

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My machinist co-worker made me an aluminum backing based on the saddle washer concept. I used it to mount the Switch Pros module to the frame under the hood. It has a slight forward lean to allow any water to drain out of the connections.
Utv 24
Utv 25
Utv 26

S

Smooth Operator

Apr 5, 2021
Usk, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 367635View attachment 367636View attachment 367637
Very cool build. We used our 2022 Forest at the volunteer FD for a search and rescue this summer. I am inspired by many of the ideas I see here. Where did you get the red horn/siren yelp switch?

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very cool build. We used our 2022 Forest at the volunteer FD for a search and rescue this summer. I am inspired by many of the ideas I see here. Where did you get the red horn/siren yelp switch?
I had them made from New Wire Marine. They do nice work and you have some options on symbols and number of text lines.

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Curious if ya figured out how many “man hours” were involved.
A lot! I'm at 3 years on & off just working on getting funding and designing the machine. We picked it up early November and it's probably been over 100 hours since. Labor of love though. I'm feeling like I'm really close now. Powder coat for the bumper, FD door decals, and wiring it all up is about all that is left. It's pretty cool seeing it all come together.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
After a lot of work getting funding i'm excited to build a P1k-5 for my fire department to respond in our local mountain parks for emergencies. I'm looking forward to seeing this project finished but first have a lot of accessories to install. Most of which have already been covered in this forum by others. Before I begin I would like to thank all those who post detailed install threads. I've been reading them for a while and they have helped me make decisions on which accessories will best serve our expected needs for this machine.

The details:
2022 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe
FOX shock upgrade -dealer installed
Hard roof - dealer installed
Super ATV flip up windshield - dealer installed
Seizmik Pursuit Night vision Mirrors
Seizmik X10D bed extender
Super ATV High clearance rear A-Arms (waiting for them to mfg the fronts)
Whelen emergency lighting and siren
Baja Designs 20" OnX6 and S2 Pro lighting
Warn Axon 45-s winch with Factor 55 closed system accessories
Super ATV full plastic skid plate - dealer installed
Super ATV frame stiffener - dealer installed
Super ATV Heavy duty tie rods - dealer installed
Super ATV rear bumper with clevis - dealer installed
Super ATV nerf bars - dealer installed
Method 401 beadlock wheels 14x7
STI XComp ATR DOT rated tires 28"
Rugged Radios M1 radio with intercom system
Switch Pros RCR-Force-12 control pad
TruAm Dual battery isolator

That's the bulk of it. I'll have to fabricate a front bumper, a dash mounting plate for the radio, intercom, & SwitchPros pad. Also will need to build a patient basket/transport system and thinking about a basic overhead console/wire chase.

This is Day 1 pictures with new grippers installed
View attachment 363011

View attachment 363012
Welcome from Northern California (Kelseyville).
Great project and much needed in your area. Congratulations on all the work of making it happen.

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just curious. Did you install any rear white lights for working or backing up on a dark night? If you need them the Club Store has a very nice two light set with all required wiring available.

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curious. Did you install any rear white lights for working or backing up on a dark night? If you need them the Club Store has a very nice two light set with all required wiring available.
I did install two Baja Designs S2 Pros. I'll have to figure out how to wire one of the triggers from the SwitchPros to the reverse sensor for a backup light. I just started wiring everything up so nothing really picture worthy yet. It is going to be very tight under the hood though with all the new modules and water tight boxes. Hopefully I can keep it really clean and organized.