P1000 Fire Dept 2022 1000-5 Build

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not trying to sell this, but the store has harnesses to hook up their rear lights. Maybe you can use them with your S2Pros. Might save you a bunch of time.

Nice build so far! Should be a great addition to your department!!

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not much to show. Still working on wiring everything but I did get the overhead console completed and installed. It's a little hard to see because I decided to carbon fiber wrap it like the dash plates. The hooks are for IV bags if we ever needed them.

We also recieved the QTAC skid tank/pump unit. It's pretty heavy so I'm not sure my idea of a quick change deployment is going to work but I'm not giving up on that one yet. It has a 35A electric hose reel so I had to run some 8g wire to an Anderson 50A connector in the bed where the aux light would go. It will be connected to battery 2 along with the Warn winch, the Whelen light bar power, & probably the Seismik mirror lights.

The bumper is out for powder coating so hopefully we'll see it back in a few weeks. Also, SuperATV now has the high clearance A-Arms for the front (2022 version) so those are coming too. If all goes well the build should be completed in a few weeks. (fingers crossed)

IMG 0714
IMG 0713

R

Rpwest

Dec 6, 2022
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great work. As a volunteer firefighter from TN I can sure see the use for this. I just got a pioneer and when I was adding all my lights I was thinking I'm sure I'll be taking mine with me at times when we have to go on calls to help ems pick someone up out in the middle of nowhere. Might get a small 360 light to go on top.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Christmas Update: With help I have a bumper made. I was impatient and welded a twist into it but I think I can get it out. Not a lot of strength in the Honda frame from what I can tell especially compared the the mount I made for it. Hopefully the skid plate adds strength by creating a triangle. Still have a lot of finishing work to do and I have to cut out for the BD S2's & rock lights. I'm also going to mount the siren behind the crossed axes. I've installed all of the dash components. Still need to finish/paint the aluminum but it all fits. I plan on using the key-code function of the SwitchPros for the ignition and a push button switch for the Starter. I'm also going to put a Cole Hersee 2484-06 Battery switch where the key used to go to eliminate any possible parasitic draw when it's not in use.
View attachment 367635View attachment 367636View attachment 367637
Cool bumper!

You might want to reconsider what you’re doing with the front bumper….,it’s a great place to mount shovels, high lift jack etc and get some weight on the front end.

Have you ever seen how ice augers and the such are mounted on SXS for ice fishing?

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just bought a 7812R the other day. Is that toolbox custom or where did y’all get it. I want one just like that.

Reactions: Buggyman and Coeus
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've had an Aluma 6812H single axle for years and it's been great.
Fit is right for a P1k5 and the "H" models have a 2,900# axle with an ebrake flange.
Was easy to add an ebrake.
I didn’t really need the tandem, but I wanted it so I got it! The brakes are a nice extra too.

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had an Aluma 6812H single axle for years and it's been great.
Fit is right for a P1k5 and the "H" models have a 2,900# axle with an ebrake flange.
Was easy to add an ebrake.
We wanted the extra reliability of the tandem and with the tank installed we would be significantly over the weight rating of a single.

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's been a while but I'm pretty much done with the build. A few little finish details like a box for gloves and a quick attachment for the tank but I'm happy to say it is in service. The department has been training everyone with the ROHVA Basic Driver Course. I had to change the original door graphics and eliminate the background maltese cross but it came out good. I did change the rear springs to the Eibach single rate 325's. I preloaded them so that with a firefighter and a patient in the back it will sit level. I haven't been able to load the full tank in it yet but it should only sag a little over an inch if I've calculated correctly. My firefighter says it definitely rides better with the new springs. On one of our recent trips she noted that there was a lot of dust in the back. I looked around a bit on the forums and decided to try some 1X1" D bulb slide out replacement seal material. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like the gaps are severely reduced so it should be a lot better. A side benefit is the door closes more securely which should eliminate rattling. The patient tray came out better than I expected. It hooks into the bed handle in the front by angling it in and then latches down in the back. The Stokes basked is secured with a couple automotive door latches in the front and 2 cam levers with webbing in the rear. I installed a handle with some bicycle cable to activate the door releases. I also added several chambers for the Pulaski and McCleod handles. I have a hook to hold up the back pump against the right rear seat. It's pretty tight with the medical gear but everything has a place. I'm really happy with how it all came together.

UTV rear view
Lake PR w logo 2 2
Lake PR w logo1 2
Rear door seal
Tray latch
Tray lever

Last edited:
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's been a while but I'm pretty much done with the build. A few little finish details like a box for gloves and a quick attachment for the tank but I'm happy to say it is in service. The department has been training everyone with the ROHVA Basic Driver Course. I had to change the original door graphics and eliminate the background maltese cross but it came out good. I did change the rear springs to the Eibach single rate 325's. I preloaded them so that with a firefighter and a patient in the back it will sit level. I haven't been able to load the full tank in it yet but it should only sag a little over an inch if I've calculated correctly. My firefighter says it definitely rides better with the new springs. On one of our recent trips she noted that there was a lot of dust in the back. I looked around a bit on the forums and decided to try some 1X1" D bulb slide out replacement seal material. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like the gaps are severely reduced so it should be a lot better. A side benefit is the door closes more securely which should eliminate rattling. The patient tray came out better than I expected. It hooks into the bed handle in the front by angling it in and then latches down in the back. The Stokes basked is secured with a couple automotive door latches in the front and 2 cam levers with webbing in the rear. I installed a handle with some bicycle cable to activate the door releases. I also added several chambers for the Pulaski and McCleod handles. I have a hook to hold up the back pump against the right rear seat. It's pretty tight with the medical gear but everything has a place. I'm really happy with how it all came together.

View attachment 393183View attachment 393171View attachment 393173View attachment 393174View attachment 393175View attachment 393176
You did excellent work on this build and I hope you are recognized for this. Well done!