P500 First ride

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
Little bastards get everywhere. I spent one night in a desert campsite and got this one. The AC fan in my small class C RV started going clickity, clickity, clickity on the way back from a ride yesterday. It was this guy‘s tail hitting the fan housing. :mad:
View attachment 273990
Poor fella he probably just thought that was a hamster wheel 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Welcome from another retired guy in the Tobacco Roots. Let me know if you’re looking to ride out this way.

Camo is slow by design to not spook the animals.

82ef35b036b125a2e9c4ed26dab22c38

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Ride in the bed? Before his back surgery in April, my little buddy Duke would think nothing about running 10-20 miles along side me on the Rancher 350. I tried to post the video, but it's too large. 😕

MtClimber500

MtClimber500

Supporting Member
Nov 21, 2020
Butte, Mt
Ownership

1. 500
Wondered where you found a P520 in MT. I guess you didn't. The last P500 they sold in Butte here was back last August to me. They just can't get them. And you have to put money down just to get on their list. My son was on a list for 6 months just to get a Razor in Idaho. You will like the P520. That is all you will need in these mountains. Unless you have to outrun a Griz.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Wondered where you found a P520 in MT. I guess you didn't. The last P500 they sold in Butte here was back last August to me. They just can't get them. And you have to put money down just to get on their list. My son was on a list for 6 months just to get a Razor in Idaho. You will like the P520. That is all you will need in these mountains. Unless you have to outrun a Griz.
I picked mine up from Beaverhead motorsports in Dillon 2 weeks ago (called dealers in March and got a deposit down). They are slim pickin's for sure though...

advertisement
KyGal83

KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Rock Creek Road. Wife wanted Blue. Found dealer in Utah that had one coming in. Took a few months. It’s road legal now with mirrors and license plate I put on. Need a horn but for now I just step on my wife’s foot and she yells.

View attachment 273987
Wow! That is a gorgeous picture... Love the places these P500/520’s can show us. Congrats on the 520, love that blue color!

MtClimber500

MtClimber500

Supporting Member
Nov 21, 2020
Butte, Mt
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from another retired guy in the Tobacco Roots. Let me know if you’re looking to ride out this way.

Camo is slow by design to not spook the animals.

View attachment 274166

How much vision do you lose with that nice glass windshield? I was reluctant to get one because it looks like you lose some vision close in.

Reactions: rtn001
L

Lookouttrout

Feb 12, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
Bought in Logan, Utah. It was the first 520 delivered for the year!

L

Lookouttrout

Feb 12, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
How much vision do you lose with that nice glass windshield? I was reluctant to get one because it looks like you lose some vision close in.
Needed windshield with the dusty forest road we have our cabin on. My wife has asthma and between the shield and back panel it helps. We are older and I am disabled. We take our time along the road. Use it for going down the road to our fly fishing spots.

Reactions: Mudwing and rtn001
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT

I missed your question. Compared to no windshield, a little loss laterally especially at 39 mph on a curved dirt road. At trail speeds not much. I’ve not tackled a rocky trail at night since I installed it to see how much I loose- maybe a foot or two (max) visibility directly in front of the P5.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!