P500 First "Rock climb"

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Went to change front brakes today and the Honda pads were still good. Lots of crud in the brakes so I cleaned everything up good and put on the new pads and saving the old ones for spares. Still getting a noise when braking but not as bad so maybe some crude in the back brakes. Will pull them tomorrow didn't have time today. I always complained about how spongy the old sealed brakes on my Foreman and Rancher were but never any trouble out of them.

Reactions: Shannon840
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I am at 100 miles with the volar pads from d2 moto and about 1/3 of the pad is left. I have another set so after I use that set up I will try EBC brakes. It's very easy to change them but every 150 miles is too much!

D

Deleted member 3748

Well I am at 100 miles with the volar pads from d2 moto and about 1/3 of the pad is left. I have another set so after I use that set up I will try EBC brakes. It's very easy to change them but every 150 miles is too much!
I have over 1100 miles on my factory pads. But our mud holes are nothing like yours.

Reactions: rocmar
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have over 1100 miles on my factory pads. But our mud holes are nothing like yours.
And I really only use them going down really steep hills... it's got to be the sandy clay mud... I wish I could get a picture of the pads. The sandy mud is kind of inside the pads and now the pad is very porous. EBC next, then big red pads. If those disappoint I will go back to Honda pioneer pads...

Reactions: rocmar
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I don't use mine much either. Everyone who has problems with the pads rides in some kind of nasty mud.

I remember someone telling me " oh, your brakes do work ", lol! I rarely use mine, don't need to very often, love the gears.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The ride at piney hills and hollows used about half my brake pads... maybe 50 miles on them. Sandy sloppy thick mud and hills that make first gear and 4wd go too fast. Nobody's last in those conditions....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!