P1000 First Shudder Experience

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After riding 30 minutes today in 95 degree heat I had to stop on a 40 degree grass slope pointed uphill. When it came time to take off about two minutes later it was in H range, Turf mode. Gave it the gas and got a severe shudder with no rpm spike. Rode for another 45 minutes using MT and AT modes on normal trails with no further shudder. Maybe this is acceptable and I don't plan to panic unless it starts recurring. It does give you pause the first time it happens.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Taking off from that maybe could've used low but I'm sure you're fine.the few times I've felt it when it was newer I just gave it a little more gas so it grabs quickly and seems to go away. Glad to see you putting some miles on her:)

Reactions: Jbird
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After riding 30 minutes today in 95 degree heat I had to stop on a 40 degree grass slope pointed uphill. When it came time to take off about two minutes later it was in H range, Turf mode. Gave it the gas and got a severe shudder with no rpm spike. Rode for another 45 minutes using MT and AT modes on normal trails with no further shudder. Maybe this is acceptable and I don't plan to panic unless it starts recurring. It does give you pause the first time it happens.
Don't worry about it they do that sometimes in certain situations. You'll be fine.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Tell me about it....

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

How long did it last?

A vehicle's length or several or less?

Enough to make your bed rattle?

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
4 feet. Didn't notice a bed rattle.

Yours is less severe than mine then.

Going up my back hill in Lo Range I get about 1 vehicle lengths worth of shudder with a quite a bit of bed rattle.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Bed rattle has nothing to do with it. If the bed rattles adjust the latches on the bed to tighten it up!

Bed rattle is the result of the vehicle vibration caused by the shudder of the clutch....

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

It sounds like your shuttering was caused by the engine lugging and not the clutch slipping.

I also think that a steep take off like that would require low range

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree that if your bed is rattling it is not adjusted.

JBird I don't think you have anything to worry about. I've gotten in a bind less than a half dozen times and had what some would call shudder but it only occurs when in a bad bind.

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
Mine has shuttered since day one in low range going up a steep hill for few feet, got 400 miles on it still does it but never had any clutch slipping problems yet (knock on wood)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Mine has shuttered since day one in low range going up a steep hill for few feet, got 400 miles on it still does it but never had any clutch slipping problems yet (knock on wood)
Did it help any at oil change?

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
Did it help any at oil change?
Nope didn't help at all, but like I said it's not bad just a little shudder for a second or two, shifts thru all gears perfectly, I took it for a ride this weekend with my 28 terms and it did real good, for 28 inch tires it had plenty of low end I could see if you went up to 30's it would probably be at its limit.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!