P1000 Floor accent lighting

Takostubo

Takostubo

Oct 2, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased these eagle eye led lights and installed them in the face down in the foot wells, they seem to work well, in that when on, they light up everying in the entire foot well and from waist down, without too much light. In fact when driving at night, it was very nice, subtle ambient lighting

There main purpose is to help with people not tripping, and dropping things and getting in and out of the UTV, I used 18-gauge audio wire that was jacketed for some minor protection for much of the wiring, and a couple of light-bar electrical kits off amazon for the bigger LED spotlights

I spent each night this past week wiring tons of accessories. I installed the extra battery, the battery isolator, a rocker switch panel, a loud motorcycle airhorn, blinkers, reverse back-up lights, 4 bright circular LED spotlights, the Super-ATV flip up windshield.
20161008 215057
20161008 215114
20161008 215311
20161008 215022
20161008 215126
20161008 215227

I thought I would add a few pictures, if anyone finds it helpful

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased these eagle eye led lights and installed them in the face down in the foot wells, they seem to work well, in that when on, they light up everying in the entire foot well and from waist down, without too much light. In fact when driving at night, it was very nice, subtle ambient lighting

There main purpose is to help with people not tripping, and dropping things and getting in and out of the UTV, I used 18-gauge audio wire that was jacketed for some minor protection for much of the wiring, and a couple of light-bar electrical kits off amazon for the bigger LED spotlights

I spent each night this past week wiring tons of accessories. I installed the extra battery, the battery isolator, a rocker switch panel, a loud motorcycle airhorn, blinkers, reverse back-up lights, 4 bright circular LED spotlights, the Super-ATV flip up windshield. View attachment 23795 View attachment 23796 View attachment 23797 View attachment 23798 View attachment 23799 View attachment 23800

Welcome aboard! Looks like you're off and running with it. I'm curious how you got the nuts on the back of the eagle eyes under the tail lights. I bought the same ones and contemplated putting them there before going another route.

Takostubo

Takostubo

Oct 2, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I never placed the nut on the back of lights, i drilled a hold that was tight/snug and they are very secure after forcing them into the snug hole,

Last edited:
Reactions: GlockMeister
M

maynard

Nov 21, 2016
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I spent each night this past week wiring tons of accessories. I installed the extra battery, the battery isolator, a rocker switch panel, a loud motorcycle airhorn, blinkers, reverse back-up lights, 4 bright circular LED spotlights, the Super-ATV flip up windshield. View attachment 23795 View attachment 23796 View attachment 23797 View attachment 23798 View attachment 23799 View attachment 23800

Does the turn signal switch interfere with the tilt?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the turn signal switch interfere with the tilt?
Most turn signal kits come with a toggle switch that you mount on the dash. I put mine beside the switches I installed where the big warning label used to be.

M

maynard

Nov 21, 2016
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most turn signal kits come with a toggle switch that you mount on the dash. I put mine beside the switches I installed where the big warning label used to be.
I noticed in one of your pictures, you have a lever on the steering column. Is that not for the turn signals.

advertisement
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I noticed in one of your pictures, you have a lever on the steering column. Is that not for the turn signals.
That's not my picture, but It does look like a turn signal lever. I would not be a big fan of putting it there because of cutting the column

M

maynard

Nov 21, 2016
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's not my picture, but It does look like a turn signal lever. I would not be a big fan of putting it there because of cutting the column
Sorry about that, new here did not send the question to correct poster.

Reactions: sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry about that, new here did not send the question to correct poster.
That's fine. Welcome to the forum keep hanging around and asking questions, you will learn a lot about your rig.

M

maynard

Nov 21, 2016
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

That's fine. Welcome to the forum keep hanging around and asking questions, you will learn a lot about your rig.
Thanks I will, a lot of great info here.

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!