P1000 led floor lights

rubyred16

rubyred16

Aug 24, 2018
troy mo
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bet this has been covered sorry if it has. I want to run led pod lights under my dash and maybe in the bed and want to run it off the factory light switch. Can this be done to have power to lights anytime the headlights are on not just high beam trigger?

Thanks for any info.

Reactions: Papaandhistoys
annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You could run a 5 pin relay to trigger off the headlight low beam wire.

Headlight 12v on activates the relay, relay then passes power to whatever accessory you want to power - from the battery. The relay would have very minimal draw from the headlight circuit, and permit full draw from the vehicles charging system.

I am doing something similar with a high amp relay connected to the 12v power port on the dash, so that my accessories can’t run unless the SxS is turned on.

Reactions: rubyred16
rubyred16

rubyred16

Aug 24, 2018
troy mo
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You could run a 5 pin relay to trigger off the headlight low beam wire.

Headlight 12v on activates the relay, relay then passes power to whatever accessory you want to power - from the battery. The relay would have very minimal draw from the headlight circuit, and permit full draw from the vehicles charging system.

I am doing something similar with a high amp relay connected to the 12v power port on the dash, so that my accessories can’t run unless the SxS is turned on.
That seems simple enough thanks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!