P1000 Help Needed: Adding Tail/Brake Lights to Upper ROPS (with Signals)

meanmachine19

meanmachine19

May 1, 2020
Northern Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi All,

I recently added the Turn Pro Signals Kit to my 2020 P1000-5. Although I'm not mechanically or electronically inclined, I was able to get the job done after several hours and breaks (far from record time)!

However, I do have a (Fab City) tire/cooler rack on the back of the rig, which covers most of the tail lights. So I am trying to add two - 6" red lights I bought on Amazon to put on the top ROPS bar so brake lights and turn signals will be visible. I'm just not sure where to connect the wires to. The harness leading to the tail lights have multiple wires (I can't tell what colors they are, they seem faded inside the tubing).

Any guidance you can provide would be appreciated (and even more so if you explain it to me like I was a 6 year old LOL (what movie is that line from??))

Tail lights
Tail lights back view

Reactions: TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi,
First, Turn pro has 2 different versions for your machine.
If you have the 2016-2021 version then you just need to tap the tail light wires under the bed AFTER the added control box.
Brown is tail, Green with yellow stripe is Turn/Stop. And green is ground.

If you have the 2022+ version of the TurnPro kit (it fits all years) then we need to tap the new 4 pin tail light harness that was supplied and installed after the control box.

I recommend some Posi-Taps. ---> https://amzn.to/3Qnsp2i

meanmachine19

meanmachine19

May 1, 2020
Northern Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi,
First, Turn pro has 2 different versions for your machine.
If you have the 2016-2021 version then you just need to tap the tail light wires under the bed AFTER the added control box.
Brown is tail, Green with yellow stripe is Turn/Stop. And green is ground.

If you have the 2022+ version of the TurnPro kit (it fits all years) then we need to tap the new 4 pin tail light harness that was supplied and installed after the control box.

I recommend some Posi-Taps. ---> https://amzn.to/3Qnsp2i
I am pretty sure its the 2021 or earlier version since my ride is a 2020. However I do have a 4 pin tail light harness separate from the control box and not connected. I can't remember why I ordered it but I have one.

Can I connect both new lights up top first then run them down to where you indicated?

Reactions: TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I am pretty sure its the 2021 or earlier version since my ride is a 2020. However I do have a 4 pin tail light harness separate from the control box and not connected. I can't remember why I ordered it but I have one.
Best identified by looking at the rear control box for the signal kit.
If it has 6-pin connectors on both sides of it then its the 2016-2021 version.
If it has 1 - 3 pin, and 1 - 4 pin, then its the 2022+ version.
Can I connect both new lights up top first then run them down to where you indicated?
Sure. Just need to find the L/R lines and tap into them.

Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!