100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Two years ago, my buddy shut down his restaurant up on the Blue ridge parkway for the season. When he did, he gave me a whole case of half and quarter chickens. Approximately 50 lbs total. Yesterday I picked up 70 lbs of grass fed, hormone and antibiotic free beef from my buddy's farm in Georgia and needed to make room in the freezer so, I baked all the chicken then pulled all the white meat and some of the dark for freeze drying. After processing it, I got about 20-25 lbs of meat. The rest of the dark meat and all the bones I tossed in a 22 quart stock pot with water and about 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and simmered it all night on the stove, on a low temp. The vinegar actually helps to remove much of the marrow from the bones. I then pulled out and skimmed all the bones fat and meat from the broth. sat the whole thing in my cooler with 60 lbs of ice to drop the temp quickly in order to keep the broth from growing any bacteria and the to solidify the fats on the surface which I then skimmed off. After all that, I used my 9 quart American Pressure Canner and canned 23 pints of bone broth. Man it was gelatinous and thick! I can't wait to cook with it! like tomorrow when I make some grass fed beef stew for canning and freeze drying! MMMMMMMM!!! My renter and the dog loved it! Buying quality bone broth from the store can be expensive and it is so good for you! Bon Appetite!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!