sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
It seems that both the Forest and the Trail have features added (shocks, i4wd, winch, 12v outlet, lighting, etc). But the Forest also gets a front bumper? Yet the are the same price? Unless you don't like camo, not sure who would buy the Trail... am I missing something? What brand of winch is it? a Warn VRX 45?

I am not a camo guy, but the features aren't worth the additional $4500CAD to me anyway.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t see the value either…but I’m not buying either.

I guess if you value your time differently, and wanted something from the dealership with a winch, and the better shocks, you’d be in that market.

Other than the shocks you’d have a hard time convincing me the trail and forest are more capable than the base model.

I guess it comes down to how much time you want to install accessories.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
$ off set is the fox shocks that the Trail has, Forest does not.
Forest also has the bed lights. Trail only has the front cab lights.

Irrelevant to what is out there. Only the Trail has the FOX® Quick Switch 3 shocks

GROR

GROR

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 15, 2021
Castle Dale, Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the forest in Utah any of them are hard find. The big reason I like the forest model over the trail, in a year where I ride the panels on the trail will look like crap, while the camo will hide allot of scratches.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That kinda makes sense, as the Fox QS3 availability, I'm told, had been responsible at times for holding up production on the '21 LE and SE. What I don't understand is why Honda would dump LED headlights on the '22 models - that doesn't make a lot of sense?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That kinda makes sense, as the Fox QS3 availability, I'm told, had been responsible at times for holding up production on the '21 LE and SE. What I don't understand is why Honda would dump LED headlights on the '22 models - that doesn't make a lot of sense?
Shaving off $300 a unit when your only going to add a light bar anyways.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shaving off $300 a unit when your only going to add a light bar anyways.

Saving a buck is no doubt the driver . . . however, they ain't saving nearly that much as an OEM. You can but, at retail, a couple of LED headlight bulbs (halogen replacement type) for $40. They are having to provide a headlight housing in any event, so the switch from an incandescent bulb to a LED is costing them just a fraction of that. A "SMD LED" 100W, such as This One costs $10 at retail. (I used a couple of similar to make wig-wag wing tip lights on an aircraft - astonishingly bright even with no reflector (needed a broad beam for that app anyway). Bottom line, they are saving an almost insignificant amount, probably well under $50 per vehicle, by going old tech instead of LED.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Saving a buck is no doubt the driver . . . however, they ain't saving nearly that much as an OEM. You can but, at retail, a couple of LED headlight bulbs (halogen replacement type) for $40. They are having to provide a headlight housing in any event, so the switch from an incandescent bulb to a LED is costing them just a fraction of that. A "SMD LED" 100W, such as This One costs $10 at retail. (I used a couple of similar to make wig-wag wing tip lights on an aircraft - astonishingly bright even with no reflector (needed a broad beam for that app anyway). Bottom line, they are saving an almost insignificant amount, probably well under $50 per vehicle, by going old tech instead of LED.
$50 each is a million+ shaved off the budget.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
$50 each is a million+ shaved off the budget.

True, (though cost differential has to be far lower than that). Then they took more stuff off their top end models, it wasn't just the headlights. Neither Forest nor Trail come stock with a roof or windshield, only the trail has adjustable Fox shocks, whereas both LE and SE had them in '21. I guess the goal was to minimize the price increase, but seriously, I still think swapping halogen for LED headlights was petty to say the least. Many mfg.'s have or are going to LED, with over 85% of cars (I read). The advantage between the two is significant in both performance and energy efficiency.

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Do only the bulbs have to be replaced to make them LED? Voltage/Current are good?

I drove by the local dealers/crooks today as they were unloading 4 units. 3 700's and 1k5 Forrest. On way by back, I stopped in and had a look at the Forest model. Definitely not Fox shocks. That is the first 1k5 I have ever sat in, which was nice to do after being 6 months on a wait-list. I really wanted to test the back seats, but the bed was filled with unassembled parts. Looked over the machine for a good 20 minutes including sitting in it. Saw the sales guy look out his window, but he didnt' come out. I walked back through showroom to get to my truck on the other side, no one said "hi". Now I remember why I placed my pre-order at a deal 100km away instead of this local one.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Saw the sales guy look out his window, but he didnt' come out. I walked back through showroom to get to my truck on the other side, no one said "hi". Now I remember why I placed my pre-order at a deal 100km away instead of this local one.
There is a local place, power house dealer too, that I have failed to make a connection with because this very thing.
I am still trying to find the "right person" who wants to work with me to help sell units. but so far... NOPE.
Oh well...

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Yeah this was a power house dealer with a "Top 10 Powerhouse dealer 2019" poster hanging in window. Same guys who wanted $1000 non-refundable deposit.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As a business owner, I find that attitude staggeringly inept and stupid. I've seen the same thing happen at soaring (flying) businesses where their primary money maker is selling rides. Two employees yammering at each other and a potential customer cooling their heels with nobody welcoming them. Besides being bad business, it's just rude.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a similar experience at my local place. They had a 1k5 sitting out front (which is why i stopped). I crawled all over it for a good 15 min without anyone coming to talk to me. Walked inside and made it through the whole place without so much as a hello. I said F it but wife had to pee so i walked back out to the front and looked over the 1k5 again. The wife is more patient than me I guess and went a found someone, The unit out front was already sold but they had one in the back they had not assembled yet. If not for the wife hounding someone for help I still would be looking I suppose.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I had a similar experience at my local place. They had a 1k5 sitting out front (which is why i stopped). I crawled all over it for a good 15 min without anyone coming to talk to me. Walked inside and made it through the whole place without so much as a hello. I said F it but wife had to pee so i walked back out to the front and looked over the 1k5 again. The wife is more patient than me I guess and went a found someone, The unit out front was already sold but they had one in the back they had not assembled yet. If not for the wife hounding someone for help I still would be looking I suppose.
Was that at Lake Charles Honda? Because that's exactly how they act . Even the person at the help desk in front of the entrance is not welcoming or helpful!!

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was that at Lake Charles Honda? Because that's exactly how they act . Even the person at the help desk in front of the entrance is not welcoming or helpful!!
No it was in Troy. I guess when these things are in high demand they don’t need to push them. Sales guy told me they stopped updating the website because they were swamped with calls every time they showed one available.

Reactions: ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!