P1000 Forest vs Trail

Tie

Tie

Jun 5, 2022
Toronto
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi sheamus, I have been following your thread with interest as I got my 1000 - 5 Forest about a month ago. The panel is correct on the shocks vs. the Trail, but apparently the Forest has "self leveling" shocks? Not sure exactly how this works as I have just been out a couple of times.
That being said, whichever Honda units you buy, they come bare bones. As one noted above, no roof, no windshield, and more. I am on here asking questions about those two items in particular and I think I have arrived at a Super ATV split windshield thanks to the thoughts of many on this site. Still struggling with the roof though.... several options including the OEM$$$, Super ATV tinted, Tusk (which apparently has a concave front which can allow air/water in, and Flexafab.com out of Quebec. We face other challenges being in Canada as some only ship to the 48 states...
I hope this helps, and I welcome any feedback on my comments to help we newby's get our machines in tip top shape!
Best,
Tie

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do only the bulbs have to be replaced to make them LED? Voltage/Current are good?
No, not while maintaining focus and beam cut-off on low beams. The placement of the lighting element (whether filiment or LED), will be different, and the housing is designed to focus the particular lighting element properly.

Now they DO sell LED bulbs, to replace filament type bulbs, that are intended to work adequately well - - maybe some do, but the ones I've tried have not been optimal.

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Yeah, way better selection, and better prices south of the border for sure.

Congrats on the forest.
I've got a set of self levelers that I'll give to anyone + shipping laying under my work bench for several years now, if that tells you anything.

Reactions: Backwoods
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got a set of self levelers that I'll give to anyone + shipping laying under my work bench for several years now, if that tells you anything.

My understanding is the self leveling feature is built into the Fox QS3 rear shocks on my '21 SE . . . is that what you have under the bench? Or is it a stand alone device?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My understanding is the self leveling feature is built into the Fox QS3 rear shocks on my '21 SE . . . is that what you have under the bench? Or is it a stand alone device?
Nope just some junk you can only get with Honda shocks, pure crap.

Reactions: Backwoods

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!