GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not seeing how we could make that work without a seat.
Would need to fab a mount.for the retractable end and maybe a shoulder bar..it could be done

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Dragonfire evos here. Really like the U shape behind the neck to the chest straps. The separate chest belts in my race car always rubbed the sides of my neck raw.

Reactions: ToddACimer and pct
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
My buddy with an X3 just got retractable belts. Hasn't put them on yet. Would be nice to have.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If I keep my Pioneer I'm going to just weld brackets on my existing harness bar and install them. If that won't work I'll cut it out and add what is needed to make it work. You shouldn't have to have them go through a seat as it is the same principle as the other except for the retractable box.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hell I may just cut the bottom and finally install some seats too.

Reactions: JTW
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
What is this sorcery you speak of??
Click-6 Harness- Driver Side | Polaris RZR
they are retractable harnesses. work like a seat belt except its a 6 point deal. lets you move around when you want and locks up like regular inertia seat belts. it would require adding tabs to your cage for mounting as you have to have a place to mount the "box" if you want to call it that.

personally i think its kind of a waste. i like my harnesses because you are strapped in and know you aren't going anywhere. with seat belts and these "click 6" you still have that split second before the catch latches allowing for slack that you can move around in while you tumble over. not to mention all the mud that gets collected in the box from dirty belts getting retracted all the time.

Reactions: nbomar, JTW and pct
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have some trail armor harnesses with the pro lap connection. I’m very use to that type and it was 30$ cheaper a harness for mine. They take 2-3 min longer to adjust for a different rider but are extremely secured after the anitial adjustment. I used @JACKAL way on his P1K5. I’ve ben through some pretty rough trails her in Mi especially Drummond island and was well secured and safe. The pads are comfortable as well. There are also Velcro pockets on the pads that will hold a smart phone or walkie-talkie if desired. My wife is 5-3” and 100lbs ringing wet and dosnt move an inch when she’s locked in. Pretty good at pro latch as well I might add. You can see the install in my Rmmy’s Stroker 30 build.

Reactions: trigger
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are most of you using 2" or 3"? Looking at the width, seems 3" would be more comfortable.

Wanted to add my .02 cents on safety with these. When looking at child safety seats one they are forward facing the shoulder straps should be above the shoulders to hold the child back in the seat. Moving this forward I believe we would be safer in an accident, even in a roll over if the shoulder straps are above the shoulders. The lap belts will hold us down, I believe.

If there are any racers out there to discuss the racing recs, I would appreciate it.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I hope to have the harness bar from @Moses installed before Takeover. I am researching the Click 6 style now. Thinking the retractable type will be better for those that can' reach the shifter while buckled in!!!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope to have the harness bar from @Moses installed before Takeover. I am researching the Click 6 style now. Thinking the retractable type will be better for those that can' reach the shifter while buckled in!!!
That would beneficial to see a good set up of that harness. Definitely a slicker way if it can be installed

Moses

Moses

Owner - Brick City Fab
Vendor
Jul 29, 2016
Gilbert arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda Pioneer 1000-5/1000-3 One Piece Bolt On Harness Bar
DSC 1494 1024x1024
DSC 1498 820x
DSC 1500 820x

WI-DitchBanger

WI-DitchBanger

Mar 22, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dragonfire evos here. Really like the U shape behind the neck to the chest straps. The separate chest belts in my race car always rubbed the sides of my neck raw.

Do you have any pics of how you mounted your Dragonfire Evo harnesses?? Waiting for mine to come in right now and trying to get a plan together of how to mount them without a harness bar if that is possible..

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Do you have any pics of how you mounted your Dragonfire Evo harnesses?? Waiting for mine to come in right now and trying to get a plan together of how to mount them without a harness bar if that is possible..
I built my cage so no help there. Your more than likely going to need a harness bar unless you find a way to mount them behind the seat. Ideally you want them mounted a little under your shoulder height. If you mount them real low, when you go forward they want to pull down on your shoulders. If you mount them too high, you can slide up the seat.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are you guys doing with the stock belts?

Are you also disabling the speed limiter on the drivers belt?

What about harnesses for the seats in the back?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What are you guys doing with the stock belts?

Are you also disabling the speed limiter on the drivers belt?

What about harnesses for the seats in the back?
That's a lot of questions! HA!

Reactions: Vikes79

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!