FOX QS3 Shocks

jcrowe645

jcrowe645

Jan 11, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As stated in one of my previous post, I ordered the qs3 shocks for our pioneer. I installed them over the weekend but the shocks did not come with a spanner wrench to adjust them. Is there a specific one or size I need?

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got mine from shock therapy, these are the 2.0 shock when you look for one.

Tallgrass

Tallgrass

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2020
Eufaula, OK.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As stated in one of my previous post, I ordered the qs3 shocks for our pioneer. I installed them over the weekend but the shocks did not come with a spanner wrench to adjust them. Is there a specific one or size I need?
By chance did you notice any increase in overall height after installing the Fox QS3 shocks versus the stock shocks?

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
By chance did you notice any increase in overall height after installing the Fox QS3 shocks versus the stock shocks?
I changed out the springs before setting the preload but I’d say yes even with them shipped without much preload set.

jcrowe645

jcrowe645

Jan 11, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I honestly did not check height before and after but I do not believe it was much if any but the springs also do not have much preload on them either

Tallgrass

Tallgrass

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2020
Eufaula, OK.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I honestly did not check height before and after but I do not believe it was much if any but the springs also do not have much preload on them either
I changed out the springs before setting the preload but I’d say yes even with them shipped without much preload set.
My issue is my garage door height only having an inch clearance now with stock shocks. Guess I should’ve asked my question before ordering the Fox shocks. I’ll make it work.
Thank you for the replies.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My issue is my garage door height only having an inch clearance now with stock shocks. Guess I should’ve asked my question before ordering the Fox shocks. I’ll make it work.
Thank you for the replies.
You’ll be fine if you don’t crank down the preload, it isn’t a big diff unless you really compress the springs for preload.

You can always air down your tires to go in and out.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Reactions: Dirtstiffs-1000

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!