P1000 Fox qs3 with HL bracket lift

JcornRose

JcornRose

Apr 4, 2019
Clearwater
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FINALLY getting the rear qs3’s to match my fronts. Should I take off my HL bracket lift at this time and crank the preload of the Fox springs? Or leave the lift on, and have the ride suffer a bit due to the shock angle. I need the extra ground clearance either way, will I get an equivalently s***ty ride with either bracket lift or cranked preload? Is one better than the other?

97AE9B38 B869 46FB 91F3 83E116AD6CC9

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Id remove the lift and do a pre load and ill tell you why.
You really want that geometry on the shocks to be the way there are in oem as much as possible for ride comfort and articulation of the machine. The lifts are good to gain hight if you have stock shocks but the 2” SS bushing mod is a better and cheaper option IMO. You also have Fox shocks and by doing pre load you will Achieve the same hight as that lift . Now, if you want to really improve your machine, id do an inexpensive spring upgrade as well. Ive done all of the above on my machine and i settled on pre load and spring upgrade.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

On my build post #641 is my spring change if you would like to see that. A bit further back i did the lift and before that the stock shocks amnd bushings. Either way, lots of reading sorry in advance but lots of pics. Should give you ideas

JcornRose

JcornRose

Apr 4, 2019
Clearwater
Ownership

1. 1000-5

On my build post #641 is my spring change if you would like to see that. A bit further back i did the lift and before that the stock shocks amnd bushings. Either way, lots of reading sorry in advance but lots of pics. Should give you ideas
This is f’n perfect. Just what I needed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!