Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just from riding in the back yard for a couple min I can already see how the spring is rubbing the shock body. In the pic's below showing them mounted from driver side u can see how close the spring is to the shock body and rub marks as well! Rub marks are rear facing and plenty of spring clearance on spring towards front of machine. On the passangerside its just the opposite, has more spring clearance towards the rear of the machine and is tight and starting to rub in towards the front of the machine? Is this normal? Any thoughts?

View attachment 188358View attachment 188359View attachment 188360View attachment 188361s

Go to summit racing website and search for a 14 inch long spring with a 250 pound spring rate and I would think that would be really good for you. When I was running shocks in the stock location that was the spring rate that I used and I also have a front winch with dual batteries upfront and a bunch of lights on the bumper and other stuff. You could go with a 275 pound spring rate but I don’t think I’ve heard of anybody going that high on the front.

The springs are pretty cheap at about $55 each and easy to change as you already know

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
this might explain a lot for me. I might need some more R&D. running 1000-3 fox on front of my 1000-5. Might need some new springs, front winch, glass windshield, 2 batteries! @joeymt33

I’m pretty sure when we tested the spring rates, the 1003 had a heavier spring rate on the front compared to the five seat model. And the 5 seat model had heavier springs in the back. I could be wrong about that though. Maybe snuff remembers.

That was also testing with the stock shocks not the fox

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Go to summit racing website and search for a 14 inch long spring with a 250 pound spring rate and I would think that would be really good for you. When I was running shocks in the stock location that was the spring rate that I used and I also have a front winch with dual batteries upfront and a bunch of lights on the bumper and other stuff. You could go with a 275 pound spring rate but I don’t think I’ve heard of anybody going that high on the front.

The springs are pretty cheap at about $55 each and easy to change as you already know
snuffnwisky posted this one QA1 High Travel Coilover Springs 14HT250

Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
Bringing this back from the dead....is anyone running the -5 shocks on the -3? I keep reading the Fox shocks on the 3 seater are under sprung. If so, I would think the shocks for the 5 seater would be what I want to buy...any input?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!