P1000 Fox shocks

D

Darvin

Jan 11, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I tried researching on here and keep seeing how everybody says fox’s are better than stock. I have a 16 1000-5 with fox’s all the way around. My buddy just bought a new 21 and we went riding in az desert and his stock shocks are way better than mine. Mine just seem to be so stiff Even on the low setting. Beginning to wonder if my dials are messed up and it s stuck in high setting. Another test is if you push down on his machine it travels a ton. Do that to mine and barely moves Any help would be appreciated

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Is his 21 an LE with Fox shocks? Also does your 3 position adjustment knob have any resistance to it when you change the position?

Last edited:
Reactions: TimG and TxDoc
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I tried researching on here and keep seeing how everybody says fox’s are better than stock. I have a 16 1000-5 with fox’s all the way around. My buddy just bought a new 21 and we went riding in az desert and his stock shocks are way better than mine. Mine just seem to be so stiff Even on the low setting. Beginning to wonder if my dials are messed up and it s stuck in high setting. Another test is if you push down on his machine it travels a ton. Do that to mine and barely moves Any help would be appreciated
I'll fix your problem. I'll trade you my stocks and $500. Your problem is solved.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

D

Darvin

Jan 11, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
His is the base model with stock shocks. There is a little resistance when I change them. If somebody services mine would there be a chance they put to much nitrogen in them ?

Reactions: TimG
D

Darvin

Jan 11, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll fix your problem. I'll trade you my stocks and $500. Your problem is solved.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
I like your thinking lol. But would rather get mine dialed in.

Reactions: TimG
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
My LE with Fox shocks are way better than stock. A friend has a 1000-5 deluxe with stock shocks and after riding mine he wants to get them for his. Can definitely tell the difference between the softest setting and firm. I disconnected my sway bar for the type of riding I do. It has more body roll but not enough to convince me to put it back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TxDoc
H

Hostile1

Apr 8, 2020
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If your shocks are 5yrs old then that is the reason! Take them to a shock builder and have them "rebuilt" , also if you want them stiffer or softer he can revalve them at the same time.

thashane

thashane

Lifetime Member
Oct 19, 2020
norCa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I would rather suspect you don't have any nitrogen left in your reservoirs and are bottoming. I second what Hostile1 said, and take them in for a rebuild.
Also- same tires and air pressure?

H

HondaTech

I would rather suspect you don't have any nitrogen left in your reservoirs and are bottoming. I second what Hostile1 said, and take them in for a rebuild.
Also- same tires and air pressure?

Unfortunately, dealers can't "rebuild" these. We only have access to exterior parts. Most don't even have the proper equipment to check for correct nitrogen pressure.

We have to send them to a Fox service provider to have anything done. Or if the machine is under warranty theyll just replace the shock itself.

We use GForce racing for our Talon race car shock service.

Reactions: TripleB
advertisement
H

Hostile1

Apr 8, 2020
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Unfortunately, dealers can't "rebuild" these. We only have access to exterior parts. Most don't even have the proper equipment to check for correct nitrogen pressure.

We have to send them to a Fox service provider to have anything done. Or if the machine is under warranty theyll just replace the shock itself.

We use GForce racing for our Talon race car shock service.
Check your area for a atv/utv performance shop. It's a typical offering at most.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
There’s a big difference in tires between the 12” base model tires and the higher models with 14” tires for the OP....kinda apples and oranges.

when I swapped my base model 12” tires for 14” take offs I noticed the ride was much more harsh right away.

Quite a few people run 12” rims for this very reason.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!