P1000 Frame stiffener

Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So have a frame stiffener from super atv. The four holes in the plate do not line up with threaded holes on my machine so working with them to see if they can help resolve that.
My machine is completely stock so my questions are.
1. Is it worth me even putting it on my pioneer?

2. What are the bolts torqued at on the A arms?

3. Once I take out my original A arm bolts will it be a pain to line up the new bolts. ?
Or can the arm be moved fairly easily to get new bolts in.

Thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

IMG 3356 IMG 3353 IMG 3355

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So have a frame stiffener from super atv. The four holes in the plate do not line up with threaded holes on my machine so working with them to see if they can help resolve that.

3. Once I take out my original A arm bolts will it be a pain to line up the new bolts. ?

View attachment 432752 View attachment 432753 View attachment 432754
If you're keeping the buggy pretty stock for now I wouldn't bother with it but since you already have it 🤷‍♂️ might as well. The a-arms will line up fairly easy. As far as the torque.........🤷‍♂️???

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Stevo , you had me interested.
Had to look up what you were talking about.
from @SuperATV
"Are you ready to take your Honda Pioneer 1000 and 1000-5 to the next level with a big lift, portals, and bigger tires? Then you need a SuperATV Frame Stiffener to keep your stock frame from bending under all the weight. Now you lift and load, tweak and torque without bending your machine out of shape."
So, your question "1. Is it worth me even putting it on my pioneer?"
As @JenElio said, if you are leaving it stock, then no, not needed.
But, if you are gonna be jumping and bouncing off rocks and trees, "riding hard", NOHOMO, like @Remington said, then you might want to add it.
And now,....... I see that I do not need one. haha!! 👍
Have a good day

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

View attachment 432752 View attachment 432753 View attachment 432754
What year is your Pioneer 1000? Reason is the 2022 and newer model years have completely different one piece frames so that stiffener plate was made for 2016-2021 model years that had the old 3 piece frame. OR its already been tweaked and things don't line up.

Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What year is your Pioneer 1000? Reason is the 2022 and newer model years have completely different one piece frames so that stiffener plate was made for 2016-2021 model years that had the old 3 piece frame. OR its already been tweaked and things don't line up.
It is a 2016. 1000-5

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
If its a 2016 and we've confirmed you got the correct one (FS-H-PIO1K-01), then it sounds like the frame tabs have already taken a pretty good beating. This is why I believe these stiffeners are 100% necessary. I'd try to beat the crap out of it till I got it lined up.

For anybody else...I'd recommend doing this EARLY into ownership so this doesn't happen. For machines like the Pio 1k, the X3, the KRX, and any machine with 35" or bigger tires.......it should be considered a necessity in the early life of the machine.

advertisement
advertisement