Frame Wear From Tire Debris

M

McKay59AB

Aug 20, 2014
N.Central Washington
So as my new P5 sits in the garage waiting for accessories, I have made a mod or two that I think is for the better. The silencer works very well. I have a question for the folks that really make use their P5 and have the mud and dirt to prove it. Mine no doubt will suffer the same use and abuse this summer in the Canadian North. Did Honda skimp on frame protection due to all the crap thrown around? I have noticed that there is places that the powder coating on the frame could be tire blasted down to bare metal. The two main areas is the main cage frame directly behind the front wheels, and the main cage support forward of the drivers side rear wheel. I have designed some metal debris protection plates and wonder if they are worth the effort of building and installing?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I really don't think this will wear down like you are explaining but some fender flar/protection made out of ABS or something should do the trick and protect it. I'll have to take a closer look at a P5 for a more closer look at what you are talking about.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!