Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness.

Trider1

Trider1

Oct 13, 2018
Blackfoot Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I’m out here in Coeur de Alene NF and have an open itinerary after the 4th except for the Magruder Corridor ride the following weekend.
If I can pull the trip off to Salmon I will let you know. There just is not enough time it seems. The kid is still playing baseball and Aug 1 to October is full coaching youth football.
That Magruder Corridor is special, i have been over it a few times. Have a awesome ride.

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like a good trip and would have loved to ride with you, unfortunately I have a 10 day trip on the Big Lost and the Boulder/White Clouds just after the 4th.
Have you considered riding the Salmon area in the future?
What parts or location do you ride around Salmon?

Trider1

Trider1

Oct 13, 2018
Blackfoot Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
What parts or location do you ride around Salmon?
I have never rode the trails there yet. Rally in the Pines has their get together there and seeing the pics the group post it looks awesome.
I checked with the forest service and according to her there are hundreds of miles of trails.
I know there are a few ghost towns, lakes and hot springs that the trails lead to but I just haven't got to doin it yet.
Im trying to set up a exploratory day trip this week with a woman who was raised in the area to find dispersed camping sites central to most of the trails.
Idaho just has to much to offer. Being raised here hunting and fishing the state I can honestly say I have only traveled 1/100000 of the trail systems. I have also only been riding the last year and a half.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I’m out here in Coeur de Alene NF and have an open itinerary after the 4th except for the Magruder Corridor ride the following weekend.
MC ride has been tentatively scheduled for the 3rd or 4th week of July, depending on possible participation for @mjn and @CumminsPusher.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have never rode the trails there yet. Rally in the Pines has their get together there and seeing the pics the group post it looks awesome.
I checked with the forest service and according to her there are hundreds of miles of trails.
I know there are a few ghost towns, lakes and hot springs that the trails lead to but I just haven't got to doin it yet.
Im trying to set up a exploratory day trip this week with a woman who was raised in the area to find dispersed camping sites central to most of the trails.
Idaho just has to much to offer. Being raised here hunting and fishing the state I can honestly say I have only traveled 1/100000 of the trail systems. I have also only been riding the last year and a half.
I’ve been riding the trails here for about three years and before that about five overland five full-size truck and trailer with all my extra gear. I’ve seen quite a bit of Idaho’s back country

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
After looking at schedule there are 3 far away trips in three weekends. We will only be able to do one so we will figure that out. Going to be some last minute decisions probably.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
After looking at schedule there are 3 far away trips in three weekends. We will only be able to do one so we will figure that out. Going to be some last minute decisions probably.
Gotcha. I’m just going to keep it as the last week of July, 20-26, and hopefully that’s far enough from your 4th ride and we’ll get to see you down there.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Having too many riding choices can’t be all that bad. :):cool:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Having too many riding choices can’t be all that bad. :):cool:
Well it kinda is. With only 2 day weekends for the most part it’s tough and expensive to drive 4-5 hours to ride for a weekend. It’s doable every once in awhile but not 3 in a row.
Next weekend we are 8 weekends camping in a row but all have been close so it’s easier. We borrowed a truck, left camper and Pioneer last weekend so we could afford to go this coming one. Sometimes we do weird things to be able to keep going. And this weekend I’ll be mainly working on things but it’ll at least be in the woods lol

Trider1

Trider1

Oct 13, 2018
Blackfoot Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
MC ride has been tentatively scheduled for the 3rd or 4th week of July, depending on possible participation for @mjn and @CumminsPusher.
Where do you plan on the rendezvous site? The kid and I are thinking real hard on this. This will be new country for him and a long overdue revisit for me.

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where do you plan on the rendezvous site? The kid and I are thinking real hard on this. This will be new country for him and a long overdue revisit for me.
There are a few of us meeting on the Elk City side. Although no one has chosen a parking spot yet. I think @Montecresto is coming in from Darby Montana. I’ve been to Elk City before, but not further to Dixie, or Red River Hot Springs and beyond. The Magruder Corridor is another section of the IDBDR that I haven’t completed yet.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well it kinda is. With only 2 day weekends for the most part it’s tough and expensive to drive 4-5 hours to ride for a weekend. It’s doable every once in awhile but not 3 in a row.
Next weekend we are 8 weekends camping in a row but all have been close so it’s easier. We borrowed a truck, left camper and Pioneer last weekend so we could afford to go this coming one. Sometimes we do weird things to be able to keep going. And this weekend I’ll be mainly working on things but it’ll at least be in the woods lol
I hear ya brother, if you can swing it I’ll be happy to get a bit of riding and visiting in with ya and if not, no worries, we’ll meet on the trail eventually. :cool:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hi Trider1, let me direct you to this thread so we don’t clutter up 100Acre’s thread..... :)

Magruder Corridor round trip

Trider1

Trider1

Oct 13, 2018
Blackfoot Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
There are a few of us meeting on the Elk City side. Although no one has chosen a parking spot yet. I think @Montecresto is coming in from Darby Montana. I’ve been to Elk City before, but not further to Dixie, or Red River Hot Springs and beyond. The Magruder Corridor is another section of the IDBDR that I haven’t completed yet.
Dixie and Red River Hot Springs is the end of the road as far as I can remember. There used to be a road that went over to the Selway River by a bridge built by the CCC out of stone. Another road came back to Elk City from the O'Hare Campground on the Selway. If you make it there look for the Rainer Cherry Trees around the campground, the fruit should be ripe.
I will do everything I can to meet up with guys if you don't mind.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Borrow a truck? Don't you have 2 Cummins and a xterra?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I borrowed his Suburban to get home. My s*** is at the treehouse lol.
He offered so I took him up on it, figured it would be quicker and easier to go back up there this weekend that way. Unfortunately what I didn’t take into consideration is how much fuel it would take. But it was cozy and I sure appreciate the trust. He’s a good guy
Oh. Left all your gear then run back and forth. Gotcha.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Dixie and Red River Hot Springs is the end of the road as far as I can remember. There used to be a road that went over to the Selway River by a bridge built by the CCC out of stone. Another road came back to Elk City from the O'Hare Campground on the Selway. If you make it there look for the Rainer Cherry Trees around the campground, the fruit should be ripe.
That’s cool! Planning on doing that campground along the way. Hoping to catch a fish or two in the Selway....

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you planning on attending the Magruder Corridor ride and if so, from which side?

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!