Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hello,
Today on eBay I ran across the "Fresh Air Snorkel Kit". It relocates the intake to a higher spot and allows clean air to enter the BR.
You can view it here - http://www.ebay.com/itm/111083167712

From factory the Big Red has problems with the filter getting plugged quickly after a good hard ride. Though Honda did a great job of building the "Big Red", the failed at locating the air inlet in a decent location, the stock configuration of the air filter gets plugged up very fast because it is pulling dirty air from under the passenger seat / fuel tank area . This design and assembly creates a fresh air or "snorkel" for the Honda Big Red. It retains the stock air box and air cleaner, it replaces the stock air inlet.

Find it on ebay, search for Fresh Air Snorkel or at this link http://www.ebay.com/itm/111083167712

Fresh1

Fresh2

Fresh3

Fresh4

Fresh5

greenatv

greenatv

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought about making a snorkle. I really dont think I need one. Not much water around here. But then again, ever time I check my air box I need to clean it out. Maybe something like this would help.
Thanks for posting. I'll check into it.

Fordman

Fordman

Lifetime Member
Aug 8, 2013
Fayette Al
Ownership

1. 500
Bought this kit & it's great ! Took about 2hrs to install but I think it should've been a factory option

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya, On my Rincon, I did not install a snorkel for water, I installed it so it would breath better. But its fun in the water too... lol. I will be looking at this on the Pioneer too.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!