Front bottoming out Start complaining??

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Wow now that I've gotten some riding in I can see that there has to be better springs on the front of the Pioneer.It bottoms out way to often on the trails {and I'am not a fast or rough driver} Anyway I was at the Dealer picking up some stuff and mentioned this to them. As soon as I mentioned it to him he wrote it down on and said that he'd bring this up with the REP. He did say that if Honda gets lots of complaints from people that they would more then likely look into it and possibly fix the problem.So anyone who has front end bottoming out problems Start mentioning it to your Dealer so that Honda becomes aware of it and maybe they will come up with a fix.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Looks like I'll have to make some sort of spring spacer.I went on a atv quad utv Poker derby today and even with me just going slow I was very disappointed with the amount of banging bottoming out I did today. For sure Honda is going to have to do something about this ??? Guess what bugged me is that I was by myself no passenger. I know that the glass windshield and the cab and doors added a bit extra weight but it should be bottoming out that bad. Next week I'll talk with my dealer and see if he has any ideas. All I know is that the riding season is now upon us and I want to get out and ride when time allows, not be trying to figure out how to keep this from bottoming out.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I really do not see Honda doing anything about it. Nothing was done about the tail gate cables being to short.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
1.5 in water pipe 5/8 long will all but stop that problem. Mine only bottoms when I do something dumb.
If it helps yes they should put better shocks on it. But there never going to fix the sold ones so until I feal like spending the money for new shocks this works pretty good and cost nothing. Power steering will be first.

Attachments

• Shock spacer-1.jpg
    Shock spacer-1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,702
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
spifyd said:
1.5 in water pipe 5/8 long will all but stop that problem. Mine only bottoms when I do something dumb.
If it helps yes they should put better shocks on it. But there never going to fix the sold ones so until I feal like spending the money for new shocks this works pretty good and cost nothing. Power steering will be first.
That's my project for next week. My Ranger mid size bottomed out too and I did the same thing to it using pvc pipe joiners for the spacer worked good and is still working today.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I always wonderee if pvc would work. It wont if you pot it in this position. But between the sping and seat would just be compression.

C

Charlie0909

Lifetime Member
Mar 5, 2014
I don't think they will fix the problem. The rzr's do the same thing. I had to put makin trax springs on my rzr800.rode with four rzr 1000's this wweekend and two of them where already starting to sag.

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
Honda hasn't ever had a Good Shock on anything. Imagine if it was a 900cc pioneer with these shocks. Ride like a Jolt wagon.

Reactions: JTW
C

Charlie0909

Lifetime Member
Mar 5, 2014
I just ordered walker evans shocks for the front.will let you know how it turns out.

advertisement
M

msmith4299

May 22, 2014
I have the walker evans racing shocks for the front and let me tell you they are awesome compared to the stock shocks from honda. Adjustable as well.

C

chuck

Dec 14, 2013
My biggest complaint is the shocks are too stiff for the type of riding I do. I never bottom out.

B

BBGRALEYAB

Aug 29, 2013
this is the email i recived today a little to pricey for me but im sure they are worth it

We’ve actually just introduced shocks for the Honda Pioneer and they can be ordered through any authorized FOX dealer, or a dealer with a FOX distributor account!

These are sold as a complete kit, all 4 shocks. They’re a 1.5” body shock with LSC and the kit retails for $1295.00. Below is the part number & description for the kit, we should have these available for sale next week so your timing is perfect!

885-06-076 - Kit: Honda Pioneer, 1.5" LSC, Performance Series

Joey Avila

Aftermarket Sales | Powersports Division | FOX

ATV | Motorcycle | Snowmobile | UTV

V

Varmit

Jul 4, 2014
How would Honda not notice the machine bottoming out during the testing they did. and the RZR does it too. Either you guys are really hammering the machines or the manufactures don't care and just put cheap shocks on them.

S

Sulli

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My Honda Pioneer 2016 1000-5 bottoms out on certain jumps or if I hit a good bump with more than one adult up front. Shocks are not up to par IMHO. I Do a lot of riding with guys riding RZR's and they are not having any bottoming out issues. Obviously two different machines but I was expecting a better suspension. I am either going to upgrade to the FOX QS-3 shocks or trade in for a 2017 1000-5 LE. Not sure yet? I also like the new 4x4 system on the LE and hill climb assist.

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
My Honda Pioneer 2016 1000-5 bottoms out on certain jumps or if I hit a good bump with more than one adult up front. Shocks are not up to par IMHO. I Do a lot of riding with guys riding RZR's and they are not having any bottoming out issues. Obviously two different machines but I was expecting a better suspension. I am either going to upgrade to the FOX QS-3 shocks or trade in for a 2017 1000-5 LE. Not sure yet? I also like the new 4x4 system on the LE and hill climb assist.
It's true they are 2 different machines, the rzr may not bottom but try to dump the bed. ;)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
S

Sulli

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
this is the email i recived today a little to pricey for me but im sure they are worth it

We’ve actually just introduced shocks for the Honda Pioneer and they can be ordered through any authorized FOX dealer, or a dealer with a FOX distributor account!

These are sold as a complete kit, all 4 shocks. They’re a 1.5” body shock with LSC and the kit retails for $1295.00. Below is the part number & description for the kit, we should have these available for sale next week so your timing is perfect!

885-06-076 - Kit: Honda Pioneer, 1.5" LSC, Performance Series

Joey Avila

Aftermarket Sales | Powersports Division | FOX

ATV | Motorcycle | Snowmobile | UTV
Joey,

What about the QS-3 shocks that are being put on the 2017 Pioneer 1k LE? Which would be a better shock for hard riding, the QS-3 or the 1.5 Podium RC-2?

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Joey,

What about the QS-3 shocks that are being put on the 2017 Pioneer 1k LE? Which would be a better shock for hard riding, the QS-3 or the 1.5 Podium RC-2?
Aren't there a few aftermarket companies? Walker Evans Racing, Fox that have shocks? They make them for the 700.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Joey,

The 1.5 podiums are for the 700 only. The others you mention are for the 1000. And yes walker Evans makes a set for the 1000 and 700, as does Elka.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It's true they are 2 different machines, the rzr may not bottom but try to dump the bed. ;)
I've been out there with them RZR boys, they don't give a rats ass about no dump bed. They need a shock that performs and they've got it. I'm truly shocked (pun intended) over the junk Honda rolls their ride out the door with.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!