P1000 Front Bumper Suggestions

J

Joe1985

Dec 26, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 1000-5 took a little roll into a tree and bent the stock bumper. I’m looking at replacing it with something a little better than stock but don’t want to spend too much $$$.

The Bad Dawg bumper appears to be built pretty well for around $300. The few reviews I was able to find seemed to back that up but also indicated that it may not always fit correctly at installation and might have clearance issues with oversized tires. I’m running stock tires and suspension, so that shouldn’t affect me.

Moose also has a bumper in the $300 range. It doesn’t look as heavy as the BD but I do like that it wraps around the headlights.

If anybody has any feedback on either of these or has any other suggestions in that price range or slightly higher, I would appreciate hearing it. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Rayger143
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My 1000-5 took a little roll into a tree and bent the stock bumper. I’m looking at replacing it with something a little better than stock but don’t want to spend too much $$$.

The Bad Dawg bumper appears to be built pretty well for around $300. The few reviews I was able to find seemed to back that up but also indicated that it may not always fit correctly at installation and might have clearance issues with oversized tires. I’m running stock tires and suspension, so that shouldn’t affect me.

Moose also has a bumper in the $300 range. It doesn’t look as heavy as the BD but I do like that it wraps around the headlights.

If anybody has any feedback on either of these or has any other suggestions in that price range or slightly higher, I would appreciate hearing it. Thanks in advance.

Got pics of the accident? Pics Or It Didn't Happen! 😂
Did u try the search up top? There's a ton of bumper subjects and pics in there

Reactions: Rayger143
J

Joe1985

Dec 26, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was going to recommend wild boar but apparently they discontinued the Honda pioneer bumper
I
I did some searching but didn’t come up with much, so I took the lazy route of posting a new thread.

Here it is. It’s going to need some other work also, just not sure what all yet. Another rim for sure, if anybody has any stock take offs I’m in the market.

EF06958F 2601 49A5 9C1F 1EC58ADB57AB

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The problem with putting too HD of a bumper on you risk frame damage. I guarantee if the stock bumper was stronger you would have suffered more frame damage with that hit.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I

I did some searching but didn’t come up with much, so I took the lazy route of posting a new thread.

Here it is. It’s going to need some other work also, just not sure what all yet. Another rim for sure, if anybody has any stock take offs I’m in the market.

View attachment 362273
I’ve got a set of brand new less than 1 mile takeoffs from my 22. I’m in SE Tennessee though.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Just ordered the BD. Thanks

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Be careful with the approach angle on the Bad Dawg bumper. Even with 30" tires when the bumper bumps rocks and logs it caves in. I had the same problem with the RD bumper.

The Warn bumper and plow mount are a lot more stout and offer better approach angle.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Be careful with the approach angle on the Bad Dawg bumper. Even with 30" tires when the bumper bumps rocks and logs it caves in. I had the same problem with the RD bumper.

The Warn bumper and plow mount are a lot more stout and offer better approach angle.
I'm looking for a top mount for the winch.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run the Bad Dawg bumper and like it because of the winch mount. I had no problem mounting it. I am going to trim it narrower like @P1K5Dave did though. I run 28's and haven't cut a tire yet but I notice a little paint missing. Over all good value and happy.

HNb06jzTyi3SBWeG7mvIA

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No wings or bumper pull to mount lights on. The best bumper I've seen is on @EMAW's P1, of course he made it, I offered to wax his truck and S x S if he would consider building me one and pay him, he laughed. Think that is a no.
I am interested in seeing it if you have an easy available link? I couldn't find one in his profile.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!