EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No wings or bumper pull to mount lights on. The best bumper I've seen is on @EMAW's P1, of course he made it, I offered to wax his truck and S x S if he would consider building me one and pay him, he laughed. Think that is a no.
Wow, Im sorry…….didn’t think you were serious!
I do like the BadDwg bumpers……..

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Be careful with the approach angle on the Bad Dawg bumper. Even with 30" tires when the bumper bumps rocks and logs it caves in. I had the same problem with the RD bumper.

The Warn bumper and plow mount are a lot more stout and offer better approach angle.
The approach angle could be a problem out here, some of the desert washouts are pretty sharp and deep. Catching the front dropping in would make winch access difficult; now yer stuck ‘head down, butt up’. :eek:

Reactions: EMAW and Rayger143
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I was to do over again, I think I'd be taking a serious look at the c-fab bumper. It has the top mounted winch, and the outer wings of the bumper move up under the headlights for a nice fit.

The BadDawg was cheaper, and met my top-mount requirement, but it never fit well under the headlights, and I had to chop it to not rub in my current configuration.

Post in thread 'P1K5Dave's 1000-5 Build' P1000 - P1K5Dave's 1000-5 Build

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!