Front fabric door install.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
I picked up my fabric front doors from the dealer on Tuesday and finally got a chance to install them today. After taking a spin…..I can tell I am going to really like these doors. I have a glass windshield, wiper, rear fabric curtain (behind front seat). It makes a huge difference in wind and keeping snow from the front cab. I wish I had them on yesterday when I pulled my fish-house out onto the ice. It was 5 degrees here today and my wife and I were pretty comfortable with ordinary winter clothes (no snow pants) and no heater YET for the cab. Big difference in comfort.

Regarding the install. The instructions are crumby. DId I mention the instructions are crumby? Poor illustrations and little preliminary information on how where the front flaps go etc. DId I mention the instructions are written crumby? I suppose it took about 1.5 hours to do the install….mostly to figure out what they were trying to say. A couple of pictures would have gone a long way.

The plastic flanges that fit to the front roll bar/windshild support were cut screwy on my doors. This results in big gaps where there should be small gaps. No doubt they are done wrong. I had to trim the plastic with an aviation cutter…..as the flanges interfere with the windshield clamps. Somebody screwed up here. Not sure if I will ask the dealer for replacement or ???

I actually thought this would result in more wind making its way toward me in the cab. It was not very breezy as a result of these gaps……but they need to clean this up. Looks like I got some of the first product and they have not worked the bugs out yet.

I'll try to get a few pics posted soon. I like the doors but there are some fit issues with the front……and did I mention they have crumby instructions? ;)

Reactions: bobbyhill
F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
picture of my doors and the "gap" and the trimming I had to do to the plastic "flanges".

Attachments

• photo-26.JPG
    photo-26.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 2,948
  • photo-27.JPG
    photo-27.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 3,921
B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Nice.

I didn't find the instructions horrible, but I did find myself looking at them many times. I did have to trim the plastic trim like you did, on each for the 2 piece windshield, which was normal and "marked" on the plastic. I did trim the drivers side piece a bit to aid clearance though.

I have a 2 piece windshield, harp top, soft mid screen, rear soft panel, and all 4 soft doors. Its pretty darn comfortable now! I think I will add some soft rubber here and there to further seal up the gaps. I noticed the mid screen let more air in, since it doesnt close off to the hard top. With the rear doors on, and the rear panel, theres noticeably less airflow.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Yep. I was a bit surprised that I didn't get more air rushing in thru the gaps in the lead edge of the doors. Maybe an issue in hard rains?…..but my full glass windshield deflects the bulk of the air and snow quite nicely. Still, it's a far cry from a high quality fit. Never having seen a door install like this……may have added to my confusion. My wife says I am easily confused. ;)

I only had one spot where the plastic was scored…..and it was already separating there. The scored spot did not need to be scored in that location…..so I slapped a piece of duct tape to keep it in-tact. Not sure why this was scored…..maybe for different windscreen mounts??

chops

chops

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2013
Foster, WV
Thanks for the thoughts on these doors. I have been thinking about getting a set. I have found that I using the pioneer a lot more that I expected, when it is cold.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I picked up my fabric front doors from the dealer on Tuesday and finally got a chance to install them today. After taking a spin…..I can tell I am going to really like these doors. I have a glass windshield, wiper, rear fabric curtain (behind front seat). It makes a huge difference in wind and keeping snow from the front cab. I wish I had them on yesterday when I pulled my fish-house out onto the ice. It was 5 degrees here today and my wife and I were pretty comfortable with ordinary winter clothes (no snow pants) and no heater YET for the cab. Big difference in comfort.

Regarding the install. The instructions are crumby. DId I mention the instructions are crumby? Poor illustrations and little preliminary information on how where the front flaps go etc. DId I mention the instructions are written crumby? I suppose it took about 1.5 hours to do the install….mostly to figure out what they were trying to say. A couple of pictures would have gone a long way.

The plastic flanges that fit to the front roll bar/windshild support were cut screwy on my doors. This results in big gaps where there should be small gaps. No doubt they are done wrong. I had to trim the plastic with an aviation cutter…..as the flanges interfere with the windshield clamps. Somebody screwed up here. Not sure if I will ask the dealer for replacement or ???

I actually thought this would result in more wind making its way toward me in the cab. It was not very breezy as a result of these gaps……but they need to clean this up. Looks like I got some of the first product and they have not worked the bugs out yet.

I'll try to get a few pics posted soon. I like the doors but there are some fit issues with the front……and did I mention they have crumby instructions? ;)
thanks for this post! ill attemped this install tomorrow. that is if i can Finish up the damn 2 piece windshield!

Donmay

Donmay

Apr 6, 2016
Sturgeon Bay, WI
I am looking to purchase fabric doors. Probably Camo.
Any info on installation would be appreciated. I did download the instructions.

Technoguru

Technoguru

Lifetime Member
May 8, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Saw your post a while back about fabric doors. I got the same doors and have had a struggle with them. My biggest issue, after install, is that as the doors swing shut they run into the plastic trim and doorstop that was part of the install. So to close the doors, i have to hold that plastic back and swing the door, its kind of a pain and I can see where I might end up snapping that plastic in the end. I've taken the doors off twice and repositioned, but nothing seems to make a difference.

I am just wondering if you had this issue, and if you figured out a way for the doors to shut without running into these plastic buckle cover and door stop.

Reactions: TripleB
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I have the fabric doors on my 700. I think your refering to the piece of plastic that goes inside of the a pillar as you close the doors, if you are i held the door open and at the same time grabbed the top of the fabric door and bent it in a little and that seemed to make them close better.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!