P500 Front flares

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Made up some front flares. Found some 3/16 rubber floor runner material at menards and made a pattern from cardboard to mock up first. Got some 5/16 push pins same as the ones on the rest of the plastics to fasten it with. Heres the results. All in, 3ft of rubber $12, pins $5. Pics are not loading, will try a second post for them...dang phone.

Reactions: JollyJoker
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Heres pics:D

20170815 221248 20170815 221304 20170809 223532

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Those look great, now you need to go test them out.
Thanks @Chooglin. You did extensions on your rears like the mudbusters ones correct. Those were released right after you did yours right? Unfortunately I won't be Trail testing them anytime soon but I think I might do my rears before I get back on the trail if I have time

Last edited:
Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

Thanks @Chooglin. You did extensions on your rears like the mudbusters ones correct. Those were released right after you did yours right? Unfortunately I won't be Trail testing them anytime soon but I think I might be years before I get back on the trail if I have time
Yes they were released shortly after I made mine but they did make improvements to them.

I know what you mean , never enough time to ride!

Reactions: trigger
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Thats what i thought. I was looking at them on their website, what did you use to reconnect the rack to the fender on yours? I like the clamp thing they have, but outside of that piece i think the rest would be pretty easy to replicate. I figure a spacer of some kind and then some type of pipe clamp or something to connect them. Just havent gone looking for parts yet.

C

Chooglin

I drilled a new hole in the fender , where the mounting bracket is on the rack. I then used a spacer (as you mentioned )with a longer bolt!

Reactions: Shadesmn
JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Made up some front flares. Found some 3/16 rubber floor runner material at menards and made a pattern from cardboard to mock up first. Got some 5/16 push pins same as the ones on the rest of the plastics to fasten it with. Heres the results. All in, 3ft of rubber $12, pins $5. Pics are not loading, will try a second post for them...dang phone.
Shadesmn- do you have the sku# for that rubber? That is exactly what I am looking for. Did you find the push pins at Menards also? Thanks!

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Shadesmn- do you have the sku# for that rubber? That is exactly what I am looking for. Did you find the push pins at Menards also? Thanks!
As a matter of fact i do have a sku#. Figured i should keep it in case anyone wanted to do the same. I did try to look it up online by the sku and got no results though so you may need to just go to your local store with it. I found it near the carpet and flooring, floor runners to be exact. The push pins i got on amazon. 5/16"

20170809 212453

Reactions: JollyJoker
JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
As a matter of fact i do have a sku#. Figured i should keep it in case anyone wanted to do the same. I did try to look it up online by the sku and got no results though so you may need to just go to your local store with it. I found it near the carpet and flooring, floor runners to be exact. The push pins i got on amazon. 5/16"

View attachment 52001
Thanks! That is exactly what I picked up at my Menards today. I will see if I can do as good of a job as you did.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks! That is exactly what I picked up at my Menards today. I will see if I can do as good of a job as you did.
Thanks for the compliment. For what its worth, i made a cardboard pattern first and trimmed it around in the upper wheel arch then transfered it and any marks i made for location to the rubber after i had it how i liked it. Did some final trimming after they were installed. Both sides were the same pattern wise, but one of the lower clips was in a different spot after fitting. Also would be a bit quicker/easier with an extra set of hands to keep things in place while mounting the first couple pins

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I drilled a new hole in the fender , where the mounting bracket is on the rack. I then used a spacer (as you mentioned )with a longer bolt!
Do the fenders seem too "loose" being farther out without support moving out too?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!