P700 Front pinion seal

Conner

Conner

Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
My front pinion seal squeaks doesn't leak any oil . It driving me nuts .
I put it on jacks and run in gear squeaking put my finger on driveshaft just light pressure and it stops . It way better in 4 wheel drive also . Tried wd40 think it made it worse. Any idea on a fix ?
2018 p2 250 miles

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You could loosen up the diff and bump it causing it to reposition just slightly different. This will change the angle of the shaft that small fraction you need to stop it.

Reactions: Tflynn
Conner

Conner

Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's a great idea, i will give it a try thinking it mite just work ! Should only take a few min to loosen up a try .

Conner

Conner

Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's a great idea, i will give it a try thinking it mite just work ! Should only take a few min to loosen up a try .
You could loosen up the diff and bump it causing it to reposition just slightly different. This will change the angle of the shaft that small fraction you need to stop it.
Well finally got time to loosen up dif and move it . Man works great no noise at all ! Thanks for the idea took all of 5min . Been very busy haven't had it out in a good month .
Thanks again !

B

Bassmf

May 7, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well finally got time to loosen up dif and move it . Man works great no noise at all ! Thanks for the idea took all of 5min . Been very busy haven't had it out in a good month .
Thanks again !
I am having the same issue what bolts did you loosen to adjust this lol it's driving me nuts

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!