P1000 Front prop shaft service

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like I'll be pulling the front prop shaft after next weekend. I can hear it rattling around under the floor. What's the procedure for taking that out and are their any other serviceable parts that I should know about? It looks like I'll have to move the diff out of the way. Does it have a u-joint on both ends? Can't see much as it's under the small rubber boots.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are 2 metal bars that run under that section of floorboard that make a ton of noise...i drilled small holes in the floorboard cross sections and zip.tied them to stop the rattle. To answer your question they are u joints on both ends of the shaft as well.

Reactions: GPR1500SC
1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are 2 metal bars that run under that section of floorboard that make a ton of noise...i drilled small holes in the floorboard cross sections and zip.tied them to stop the rattle. To answer your question they are u joints on both ends of the shaft as well.
When I look it up I see this part that comes assembled. But nothing specifically notes the parts or maintenance of what's inside.

Screenshot 20200629 064200

Reactions: TripleB
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
You will have to remove or slide your front differential forward about a inch and a half to get it out.
There is a retaining ring that holds it to the sub transmission just like a C/V shaft .
The front is a floating spline connection it seems unlikely that it is rattling, but will find it interesting what fix's your noise keep us up dated.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!