P1000 Front shocks

M

Mahanoy

Apr 7, 2019
Tamaqua, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello. I am looking at upgrading the front shocks on my 18 1000-5 pioneer. The front seems to bottom out way too easy. The rears have the load leveling feature which I like. Does anyone have any upgraded front shocks for sale or can anyone tell me which ones to get or is it even worth the money?

Reactions: 100Acre
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello. I am looking at upgrading the front shocks on my 18 1000-5 pioneer. The front seems to bottom out way too easy. The rears have the load leveling feature which I like. Does anyone have any upgraded front shocks for sale or can anyone tell me which ones to get or is it even worth the money?
Replace all four with the Foxes, unless you have money to burn, stick to the Foxes, if you don't, you replace the fronts you will quickly learn how bad the rears are. If you don't have the funds for all four, you can do the spring spacers, that you have to make out of 1.5 inch black pipe, I don't know the length, there is a thread here that covers that, but you will still have stock crapy valving, but will relieve the whaming. Fox's are the way to go on a limited budget, Walker Evans, 814's and Elkas, if you have an unlimited budget ( Elkas ) will be the cure . I've got the Elka Stage 5's and love them, don't have an unlimited budget either, but I like to tinker. So that way was the best way for me. I would go Fox's. Have fun and be safe!

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So im curious does anyone on here have the elkas stage 1 or is stage 5 the best u can get i went to there website I didn’t see any for the 18 models is there any difference in the 16,17 models as far as shock length

M

Mahanoy

Apr 7, 2019
Tamaqua, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Replace all four with the Foxes, unless you have money to burn, stick to the Foxes, if you don't, you replace the fronts you will quickly learn how bad the rears are. If you don't have the funds for all four, you can do the spring spacers, that you have to make out of 1.5 inch black pipe, I don't know the length, there is a thread here that covers that, but you will still have stock crapy valving, but will relieve the whaming. Fox's are the way to go on a limited budget, Walker Evans, 814's and Elkas, if you have an unlimited budget ( Elkas ) will be the cure . I've got the Elka Stage 5's and love them, don't have an unlimited budget either, but I like to tinker. So that way was the best way for me. I would go Fox's. Have fun and be safe!
Thanks for the info. I've seen the front fox shocks for $699. But I've also seen elka stage 1 shocks for less. Are the fox ones better than the elka stage 1 shocks?

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just recently went Fox’s all the way around on my 16 1000-5 and wish I would have done it way earlier. I had four healthy adults and a rotomolded 75qt cooler loaded on the rear this weekend and ride was great. I have my preload set at 2.5” front and 1.5” rear and I don’t miss the load leveling shocks at all. Ride is incredible compared to stock. I found mine on eBay and seller was local so shot him a message to see if he would take 1300 for set since we were close and he did.

558646C1 BBC2 4EDB 9482 F47DF371CE98

advertisement
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just purchased the front set of fox qs3 front shocks from Ebay for $679. It took alot to push the order now button knowing there will be a mad girlfriend when she finds out how much they cost lol

Does she ride Honda with you? If so she will be happy and will tell you to do rear soon

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just purchased the front set of fox qs3 front shocks from Ebay for $679. It took alot to push the order now button knowing there will be a mad girlfriend when she finds out how much they cost lol
My wife tells me all the time I don't love her enough to buy her Fox shocks. Maybe i'll get a gf that doesn't mind the ride.

M

Mahanoy

Apr 7, 2019
Tamaqua, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife tells me all the time I don't love her enough to buy her Fox shocks. Maybe i'll get a gf that doesn't mind the ride.
I'm sure when I put the shocks on and hit a big dip in the trail shell be happy that she dont have to wear a sports bra anymore while riding cause they used to almost knock her out hahah . Now it'll be smooth sailing

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Make up sex after the argument is something to look forward to.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!