P500 Front structure of P5 too weak for front plow mount?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks all. I went with a Cycle Country set up. Very heavily built mount kit. Now if I only had some snow here in Ohio to plow. Used one time this year.
Great choice on plow. .?.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
As an added "safety" precaution for plow season, I've removed the hook from the winch cable and replaced it with a screw type closure tow chain link. That way the cable is fixed to the push tubes as opposed to the possibility of the hook becoming disconnected while plowing and getting caught on some other component that could be destroyed before one knows what even happened. Just a bit of FYI to prevent accidental and unexpected damage.

Reactions: Montecresto
C

Conter25

Jul 16, 2016
Utah
I noticed that Warn has a ProPivot system to tilt the plow blade for their ProVantage Plow systems, Has anyone tried to use this with the Push tube and mount system sold through Honda?
Also, while on the topic of plowing... anyone have experience with the fabric doors? Are they worth it?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I noticed that Warn has a ProPivot system to tilt the plow blade for their ProVantage Plow systems, Has anyone tried to use this with the Push tube and mount system sold through Honda?
Also, while on the topic of plowing... anyone have experience with the fabric doors? Are they worth it?
I looked at the fabric doors but they have a lot of gaps and don't really seal. Would let all your heat out if you were going the whole nine yds.
I guess they might keep some wind off of you.
I'm thinking about a heated seat cushion. Just plug into the cig lighter...heats up quick. They have them where the elements go up the back too.
Won't be plowing in a t shirt but it'll be better than the quad. :)

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Been in a P500
all closed iñ..
its to small of space
To close off...for me
doors has gaps..but
he had glass windshield
with defroster...it was
Wàrm..

Reactions: trigger
C

Conter25

Jul 16, 2016
Utah
I looked at the fabric doors but they have a lot of gaps and don't really seal. Would let all your heat out if you were going the whole nine yds.
I guess they might keep some wind off of you.
I'm thinking about a heated seat cushion. Just plug into the cig lighter...heats up quick. They have them where the elements go up the back too.
Won't be plowing in a t shirt but it'll be better than the quad. :)
Do you have a link to the seat heater?

Reactions: Montecresto
C

Conter25

Jul 16, 2016
Utah
Been in a P500
all closed iñ..
its to small of space
To close off...for me
doors has gaps..but
he had glass windshield
with defroster...it was
Wàrm..
What brand was he windshield and defroster? I definitely want to get something with winter coming up, but at the minimum I want to be easy enough to remove before trail riding.... Any thoughst?

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
What brand was he windshield and defroster? I definitely want to get something with winter coming up, but at the minimum I want to be easy enough to remove before trail riding.... Any thoughst?

This site has alot
of enclosed stuff

ALUMILITEARMOR

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Not so sure a seat heater would be a good idea, as I'm sure they would draw too much power for the charging system to handle.
Using a winch, seat heater, defroster fan and headlights along with the cooling fan kicking on and the electric shift, the stator would not live long.
No defroster fan for me. Headlights are led. Can't draw more than 10 amps through the lighter plug.
My machine has never heated up to the point of concern and it'll be winter.
Guess I'll let you know if I burn it out.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!