P500 Front structure of P5 too weak for front plow mount?

R

Riverrat435

Jul 22, 2014
Any impact damage with front plow mounts on Honda pioneer 500 and what kind of mount, plow and tubes are you using? I was told that the Honda Pioneer 500 structure is too week for a front mount system?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Any impact damage with front plow mounts on Honda pioneer 500 and what kind of mount, plow and tubes are you using? I was told that the Honda Pioneer 500 structure is too week for a front mount system?

Everybody has a right to their opinion but I doubt HONDA would offer a snow plow as an accessory if the machine was not capable of using it adequately. Right off of the accessories section for the P500 on Honda power sports website:

Pioneer-Honda Powersports

HONDA20P50020Accessories zps3cpelbnm

Reactions: Montecresto
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
They are as strong as ATV's or other small SxS's. I don't see anything to lead me to believe you would have any problems.
Was this a dealer telling you it was too weak?

Reactions: Riverrat435
R

Riverrat435

Jul 22, 2014
I was just wondering. I wanted to order a Denali blade, push tubes and mount Moto said that they do not offer a front mount due to they did not believe the P5 was not strong enough. Do most people on here have a front mount and if so any damage or folding of push tubes. What kins are you ysing?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I was just wondering. I wanted to order a Denali blade, push tubes and mount Moto said that they do not offer a front mount due to they did not believe the P5 was not strong enough. Do most people on here have a front mount and if so any damage or folding of push tubes. What kins are you ysing?

No longer than the P500 has been around either the Honda part shown above or WARN which is likely the exact same items. Here is the entire Kit from RM ATV:

WARN® ProVantage Straight Blade Plow Kit, Winch Equipped UTV, 72" Blade | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

M

mikeyd

Aug 3, 2014
I purchased these for the P500 last winter, used a couple times to plow a large gravel drive. No issues with strength at all -
KFI Honda Pioneer 500 Winch Mount
13004 Champion Power Equipment 3000lb ATV/UTV Winch
60" ATV Pro-T Series Plow Blade (Tapered)
KFI ATV Mid-Mount Push Tubes

feetpiece

feetpiece

May 10, 2015
I finally got my Warn front plow mount so I can use the Pro-vantage Push-tube and 50" blade I use on my Outlander. It doesn't look like the Honda Part. I haven't installed it yet but it bolts directly to the bottom of the frame using the skid-plate holes. The upper portion bolts up to the vertical frame tubes which absorb all of force taken by the bumper while supporting the winch.

I have no doubt that it will hold up to pushing snow but I might be a little hesitant to use it with Warn's bucket attachment.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
nothing is 100% fool proof. I don't care what brand of plow/ machine your using stuff happens from time to time, depending on how fast your going when stuff happens will determine how much stuff happens to your equipment. I just received my eagle plow, it says right on it not to exceed 5mph while plowing....hmmm wonder why they say that?

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Just as an opinion here..I have the Denali plow on my sons ATV. The main reason I purchased was price...and I got what I paid for. I have had Cycle Country, Eagle, and Moose in the past..this is by far the worst quality plow I have had

scottp500

scottp500

Jun 24, 2015
I had a Moose Plow on a Rubicon for 10 years and that thing was bullet proof. I beat the crap out of it with dirt, gravel and snow and was still going strong when I sold it.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
nothing is 100% fool proof. I don't care what brand of plow/ machine your using stuff happens from time to time, depending on how fast your going when stuff happens will determine how much stuff happens to your equipment. I just received my eagle plow, it says right on it not to exceed 5mph while plowing....hmmm wonder why they say that?
You say you're running an eagle plow? Where did you get a mount kit? I can't get one from them cuz they lost the plans and are currently working on re manufacturing them from square one...hoping they are available again before snow flies..

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I just realized I posted in a p5 posting, I own a 700, but I got everything from an on-line store, but it was quite the mission. I ordered the plow and it took a little over a month to ship. According to american manuf. they were in the process of moving their ware house and they had not ramped up production on the mounts yet ( I ordered towards the end of july) for the season. I thought the place I ordered it from was giving me the run-around after it hadn't shipped after 3 weeks so I called them directly to verify what the guy I bought it from wasn't b's ing me. Kinda strange that they lost drawings for the pioneer mount?

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the clarification on the parts, makes sense now. I spoke to both the parts mgr at my dealer as well as the lead engineer at Amer mfg and got the same story. Apparently there was some turmoil at the company and the person in charge of the drawings for the 500 took them with them and left them high and dry and they couldn't get a machine to start over on... They were able to mount up the eagle blade on a moose underside mount and make it functional but the moose mount I don't like after having it in the woods and getting hung up. Called back and am waiting on swapping parts for the Amer mfg front mount as soon as it's made. Should hopefully have them soon....

R

Riverrat435

Jul 22, 2014
Thanks all. I went with a Cycle Country set up. Very heavily built mount kit. Now if I only had some snow here in Ohio to plow. Used one time this year.

Reactions: rocmar
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Finally got the eagle front mount and push tubes swapped out for the moose underside setup. Waaaayyy better, no big flange hanging down on the bottom to get caught on things now. And just in time to test it out in a snow storm today! Also very glad to have gone with a 66" blade over my old 60", even with new wheels and tires making it wider I can clear a path at full angle without driving over unplowed snow.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I've purchased the KFI Products front mount and it bolts to the front push pan assembly from Honda. Had to drill couple holes in push pan and uses stock location for the other two bolts. Seems to be very robust and solid mount for KFI push tubes and 66" pro straight blade. Have linked to Superwinch Terra 3500 with synthetic line and KFI winch mount. I've only logged maybe 30 hours of snow plowing so far but system seems tough, easy to use and quick at moving snow. Never have used ATV/UTV system before for snow handling and had some doudts as to how far on the toy side of the spectrum this gear would be. Very pleased this system is no toy and you can move a ton of snow in short order. I'm thinking if you treat it with respect it'll last for a long time and move tons of snow.

jrc

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I've purchased the KFI Products front mount and it bolts to the front push pan assembly from Honda. Had to drill couple holes in push pan and uses stock location for the other two bolts. Seems to be very robust and solid mount for KFI push tubes and 66" pro straight blade. Have linked to Superwinch Terra 3500 with synthetic line and KFI winch mount. I've only logged maybe 30 hours of snow plowing so far but system seems tough, easy to use and quick at moving snow. Never have used ATV/UTV system before for snow handling and had some doudts as to how far on the toy side of the spectrum this gear would be. Very pleased this system is no toy and you can move a ton of snow in short order. I'm thinking if you treat it with respect it'll last for a long time and move tons of snow.

jrc
They definitely will last if you treat them decent. I ran a cycle country setup on my foreman and rancher for about 12 years, and my dad has been running an eagle setup on his rhino for over 10. They take a lot more abuse than you'd think, as long as you have at least a bit of common sense as to what the limits are or should be..

Misfit88

Misfit88

Nov 9, 2015
I used the cycle country universal plow mount under the machine. after speaking to cycle country and since they do not make a mount for the p500. he suggested making the universal mount work. we welded angle on the mount and bolted it fast. the only thing you can see from under is the eye holes to pin the push tubes. I drilled a hole on each side of the rock guard so the eyes will pop out. pretty slick setup. As luck has it we received the most snow in history about 2 weeks ago. 32" at my house in central PA. plow worked great, just need to take small passes. I may invest in a set of chains for it next year.

Image Image Image

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I used the cycle country universal plow mount under the machine. after speaking to cycle country and since they do not make a mount for the p500. he suggested making the universal mount work. we welded angle on the mount and bolted it fast. the only thing you can see from under is the eye holes to pin the push tubes. I drilled a hole on each side of the rock guard so the eyes will pop out. pretty slick setup. As luck has it we received the most snow in history about 2 weeks ago. 32" at my house in central PA. plow worked great, just need to take small passes. I may invest in a set of chains for it next year.

View attachment 9853 View attachment 9854 View attachment 9855
Great choice on plow....same set up I had on my can am.........yes chains will make a big difference

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!