R

Rottiedog

Oct 4, 2020
Boulder, CO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Btw Second Oddesy battery and true isolator kit is in the works

Btw Second Oddesy battery and true isolator kit is in the works
Sounds like you’re treating your buggy really well. I have a question you may be able to r since you’re doing the second battery. What I want to know is what is the exact maximum dimensions in the space (LxWxH) for an allotted battery? Thanks for any help you can send.

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Warn screwed us on winch bumber mount. One week turned into another month. Added the Seizmic tailgate during the wait. -Thanks for pics- its killer-Thinking about maybe a radio/ bluetooth stuff may even change color to matte black. Every time I go back to check progress I end up dropping another grand on stuff. Im gonna have bad gas in the tank by the time I get it back from the shop. Maybe trade for a 2022 lol Gonna be a nice rig if /when I get finished. I will post pics

Reactions: Isaiah
amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As for the 2nd battery they have not installed it yet due to winch parts fitment issues. I bought an Oddsey 925 and a true isolator kit. Also some extended terminal hookups The tech gas done several 1k-5s and he said its a perfect fit. Sorry I have not had the machine in my possession to do any measuring. This will be one of the last things they do on the machine. Lots of wiring fab and removing stuff. Tore all to pieces at present. Should have had it weeks ago but covid- this doen not fit- they shipped wrong stuff- ect ect ect. Aftet thus is done I will be happy to answer any all questions answer questions share ideas sources.

Side note on lights. I used a diffused type 8-10" rigid light bar on rear. Another guy saw it liked it put on on rear bar of his K mule. Loves it. Had a spot / flood combo on before. Light seemed to bounce around and project away from desired area for working at rear of machine.That makes 3 people I have talked to who use this light bar including the rigid tech on rear s x s applications. It appears to be the gold standard for this application I had some trouble finding one but a sale popped up on Amazon for like 280-300 Not cheap but not awful either Cant wait to try mine. If anybody needs more info hit ne back and I will get the exact model info and who has stock how much

Thanks again for all responses to thread Did not use all suggestions but did use several.

Reactions: TripleB and CID
amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ITS FINALLY FINISHED!!! Pretty much. winch top r50" rigid light bar tear rigid lights tailgate extention extra battery fuse noxes storage boxes everything except cup holders and audio

What a trainwreck dusaster with non fitting tailgate extention winch plate light bar brackets u name it. Getting parts accessories a nightmare. Honda dealer robbed hardware to finish other jobs. Kept it for months did little or nothing Left top unsecured. People boleing horns on I 95 cause top was coming loose. Had to zip tie top on to get it home from dealer Ordered tailgate extention that did not fit. Had to tear entire back end out and make parts to fit. Had my rig from Sept to April I finally picked it up and hauled to NC to get it finished. Could not be more disapointed. My rig became a parts canibal to finish other work. Its so bad Im hesitant to even name them. Im a nice guy and I hate to badmouth a small business. Parts guy was a nice guy just dealing with no workers and bad owners. SE Ga dealer. U can do the math. At least they discounted labor for what thats worth. When I picked it up it was filthy stuck behind numerous other ATVs with crap piled on top. Raal confidence builder

It is totally awesome Expecting delivery today. Pics to follow

If you are rigging out a new one for Pete sake do your homework and check out your part/lanor sources carefully before beginning work. Mine was a major upfit but there was no excuse for what I had to go thru. I used all top end Honda factory switches hardware ect so shoild have been a nice easy profitable build for the dealer

At now I will actually get to ride it. Bought in Sept

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
ITS FINALLY FINISHED!!! Pretty much. winch top r50" rigid light bar tear rigid lights tailgate extention extra battery fuse noxes storage boxes everything except cup holders and audio

What a trainwreck dusaster with non fitting tailgate extention winch plate light bar brackets u name it. Getting parts accessories a nightmare. Honda dealer robbed hardware to finish other jobs. Kept it for months did little or nothing Left top unsecured. People boleing horns on I 95 cause top was coming loose. Had to zip tie top on to get it home from dealer Ordered tailgate extention that did not fit. Had to tear entire back end out and make parts to fit. Had my rig from Sept to April I finally picked it up and hauled to NC to get it finished. Could not be more disapointed. My rig became a parts canibal to finish other work. Its so bad Im hesitant to even name them. Im a nice guy and I hate to badmouth a small business. Parts guy was a nice guy just dealing with no workers and bad owners. SE Ga dealer. U can do the math. At least they discounted labor for what thats worth. When I picked it up it was filthy stuck behind numerous other ATVs with crap piled on top. Raal confidence builder

It is totally awesome Expecting delivery today. Pics to follow

If you are rigging out a new one for Pete sake do your homework and check out your part/lanor sources carefully before beginning work. Mine was a major upfit but there was no excuse for what I had to go thru. I used all top end Honda factory switches hardware ect so shoild have been a nice easy profitable build for the dealer

At now I will actually get to ride it. Bought in Sept
Sorry about your luck. I generally figure if I can’t put it on I don’t need it. This is a great site. If these guys can’t help you get it installed it prob won’t fit anyway. Enjoy it and post us some pics.

Reactions: TripleB
amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks Bud. To further confound the issues Honda makes little changes like on some 2020 1000-5 examples which makes installing a tailgate extention a nightmare. Took a day tontear down entire rear of machine off to remove stupid little bushings to install extention. Lots of light brackets did not fit. Holes that dont line up and so on. Best bet is to find a buddy or independent shop that has worked on this before. Dont believe fitment charts from aftermarket vendors as gospel. It it can go south it will.
Covid is universal excuse. Getting help on phone.. forget ti

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I second that. 1-2 things at a time then think about and research your next upgrade. Things will go a lot smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just about the easiest dome light idea I have found so far is the LED strips that you put under a tonneau cover on you pickup. Have not done it yet but it looks easy and straight forward. Just clean the underside of the roof and stick them on. They will light up the entire length of the top so you can see in the cargo/rear seat area too. Will be a future mod on mine. I dont ride much at night so my phone light works for now.

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heres a few pics of finished product
Note rigid light bar in front of windshield and rear rigid roll bar light installation tucked up under rear top lip. Lights were a trial and error nail biting cussing tool throwing process noth in finding the products deciding on location and execution. But I cant say enough good things about the finished product. The 60" rigid front bar will light up 3 states at speed when needed. Top would not support weight or offer mounting surfaces that I was good with. I got lucky on the rear. After buying several other examples I finally got hold of a super nice guy at Rigid factory tech support. He had a similar installation and hD been thru the learning curve. He suggested a rigid ecample that was made for a wide radius short distance light bar that was taylor made for the rear of a vehicle. Works like crazy. No light bounceback glare which is a common issue when rigging a rear utility light. I was super lucky with finding a group of display never used at a Toyota dealership with these lights mounted yhem removed on a pair of floor display show trucks. My lid found these on a Toyota facebook group of places. I 1300 in these lights with an extra 50" light bar for my truck. Rigid is big $$$$ but worth ot on my opinion. My previous expierence with Amazon bargain basement garbage has not been favorable. Its amazing what uou can find if u spend the time to do your jomework and dig around shopping closeouts facebook groups and craigs list.

Looking for advice on a inside rear view mirrior. Forgot about that. Bonehead error Also revisiting bluetooth audio choices fir about 1500 max. Gave up finding anything before. Lost all my notes

Tons of thanks for all input. Without it woulda been a much worse cluster. I come away with disapointment on Hondas choices of accessories and support for aftermarket vendors. Its like yhey dont eant people selling accessories and add ons but they are too sorry to offer and stock a decent selection of their own. Why why why does Honda not offer accessory packages???? Off road package with say factory installed winch with bumper light bars 2 batteries ditch lights ect. Wheel tire package. several wheel tire lift kit choices. Electrical oackage. Honda switch/ fuse pannel audio options pre wired light harness 2 batteries turn signals ect ect ect. Tailgate extention a total no brainer. Right now u get a stripped down shell with no operator conv. Added revenue for Honda Added conv for the consumer. Lots of u guys turn wrenches. Good for u. I did it for years. I just ordered a pathfinder boat. They get it. 3 pages of possible options. The boat hits the lot pre rigged fully equipped. Couple days later im on the water. Not 8 months of frustrating bs listening to covid excuses from no stock suppliers and swamped dealers with no workers.

Now at long last ... time for fun!!!

50F792DB 039C 4A26 8901 1D5CDB2D3B2D B3C82B94 3C33 4E51 93FD F69FE8EAF185 88FDC56E D6E7 42AC 8319 9A00DF4D4A3F B108E236 8F97 4949 A533 F67F2E3352FD 03DD66F3 8A08 4EE8 9CC9 3124FA22E78F 7D7300A1 6154 4E28 94A7 77A420E875AA

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heres a few pics of finished product
Note rigid light bar in front of windshield and rear rigid roll bar light installation tucked up under rear top lip. Lights were a trial and error nail biting cussing tool throwing process noth in finding the products deciding on location and execution. But I cant say enough good things about the finished product. The 60" rigid front bar will light up 3 states at speed when needed. Top would not support weight or offer mounting surfaces that I was good with. I got lucky on the rear. After buying several other examples I finally got hold of a super nice guy at Rigid factory tech support. He had a similar installation and hD been thru the learning curve. He suggested a rigid ecample that was made for a wide radius short distance light bar that was taylor made for the rear of a vehicle. Works like crazy. No light bounceback glare which is a common issue when rigging a rear utility light. I was super lucky with finding a group of display never used at a Toyota dealership with these lights mounted yhem removed on a pair of floor display show trucks. My lid found these on a Toyota facebook group of places. I 1300 in these lights with an extra 50" light bar for my truck. Rigid is big $$$$ but worth ot on my opinion. My previous expierence with Amazon bargain basement garbage has not been favorable. Its amazing what uou can find if u spend the time to do your jomework and dig around shopping closeouts facebook groups and craigs list.

Looking for advice on a inside rear view mirrior. Forgot about that. Bonehead error Also revisiting bluetooth audio choices fir about 1500 max. Gave up finding anything before. Lost all my notes

Tons of thanks for all input. Without it woulda been a much worse cluster. I come away with disapointment on Hondas choices of accessories and support for aftermarket vendors. Its like yhey dont eant people selling accessories and add ons but they are too sorry to offer and stock a decent selection of their own. Why why why does Honda not offer accessory packages???? Off road package with say factory installed winch with bumper light bars 2 batteries ditch lights ect. Wheel tire package. several wheel tire lift kit choices. Electrical oackage. Honda switch/ fuse pannel audio options pre wired light harness 2 batteries turn signals ect ect ect. Tailgate extention a total no brainer. Right now u get a stripped down shell with no operator conv. Added revenue for Honda Added conv for the consumer. Lots of u guys turn wrenches. Good for u. I did it for years. I just ordered a pathfinder boat. They get it. 3 pages of possible options. The boat hits the lot pre rigged fully equipped. Couple days later im on the water. Not 8 months of frustrating bs listening to covid excuses from no stock suppliers and swamped dealers with no workers.

Now at long last ... time for fun!!!

View attachment 284387 View attachment 284388 View attachment 284389

Reactions: JenElio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!