Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
From numerous threads on here, and hoping Honda would be trolling this and other sites, I'm really surprised that so many have similar issues that should never persist in today's world of technology? So far I've enjoyed my machine, and hope to for time to come, yet there seems to be many reoccurring issues and many unprofessional Dealers. It seems one needs to be a current wrench with greater than average knowledge of the last decade to diagnose what creates HAVOK in these machines. I do realize it is a complicated machine considering numerous variables. I'm guessing a lot of these dealers are tending the front of their stores and not cultivating the other revenue streams within their business? I'm also assuming ownership isn't involved in day to day business? Most Manufacturers have been a lot more concerned with production and revenue having had and still are dealing with supply chain issues. I hear there's another looming, considering what's been going on in China regarding their current round of COVID. Having dealer issues, I think I would contact your Dealer's District Sales Manager. Once Honda ships a machine to a dealer, they've been payed either by the dealer of whomever is flooring the Dealer's inventory. Honda's concern is loading everyone's wagon and hopefully their wares will find themselves in our garages instead of theirs. Honda's sales division is the tail that wags the dog, plus any dealer's parts and service departments should be able to support themselves financially, and be managed like their sales department. Seems like most are doing good sales considering how many members here on the forum? I don't know that it's worth investing more time considering your problem has been resolved, and who know when you might have to go back. Sad situation. BTW, if the owners where I'm employed get an email, call or second hand knowledge of someone unhappy with our business, they usually go back and look at tapes, review with the employee and call the customer to attempt to a reconciliation of their feelings with our business. This seldom ever happens, figure that?

• Sad
Reactions: CID
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The short comings of these machines seems to be the assembly procedure. Lax, careless employees on the line are probably causing 95% of the problems we hear about. Compounded by dealers that don't want to bother doing PDI.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: Mopower58 and CID
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The short comings of these machines seems to be the assembly procedure. Lax, careless employees on the line are probably causing 95% of the problems we hear about. Compounded by dealers that don't want to bother doing PDI.
My thoughts exactly.

• Sad
Reactions: CID and Jerryg
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I put my winch on I found “several” factory bolts on the bumper and transfer case that had been cross threaded. Makes me wonder how many more are that way.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
When I put my winch on I found “several” factory bolts on the bumper and transfer case that had been cross threaded. Makes me wonder how many more are that way.
Find a video of the assembly line, and you will know immediately what the problem is.

Reactions: Mopower58
advertisement
H

HondaTech

Long story. When they called me after the look into it they said it was the injector. They said they put power to it and it was getting the first squirt of fuel and then staying open. I asked them is it staying open because the power isn’t going away or is it staying open because it’s stuck and it does in fact lose power when it cycles back and fourth on the injectors. The guy on the phone stumbled on his words and said no the tech said it’s losing power but staying open. I proceeded to tell the guy on the phone that if the injector is in fact not losing its power source then it’s not a stuck injector it’s what is controlling the injector. Fast forward to Friday and they called me and said they put the new injector in and surprise surprise it’s not the injector. They then said they switched the ecu or something along those lines module with a new one from the showroom floor and that supposedly cures the issue because it ran fine. I then said well they’re taking the injector back correct because I said in the first place it’s wasn’t that from our conversation over the phone with your first findings. He said that they should take it back but then back peddled and said well that is unless the injector got fried too. Leaving a way out of them paying for the injector that they and I didn’t need. When two minutes prior he said the new module had it running fine. Frustrated is an understatement

We had a 2018 model like this once. Ran crazy rich and dropped cylinder at idle, but ran ok above idle.

I wasn't the tech on the R.O but got caught in it after the other tech couldn't pinpoint the issue. It got down to the point where we did the same, just to see if anything changed. With another units PCM, it ran perfectly fine, no explanation why it failed and I've never seen it again.

R

RoundMtn

May 6, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok so I have exact same symptoms …. I searched fuel in exhaust and came to this thread and read all 13 pages …. Even the stuff about the State governor.
Right now I’m waiting on new injector from Honda Dealer but if that doesn’t fix it …. I’ll order new PGM-fi .
Thanks to all who contributed and made this awesome thread of troubleshooting.

H

hotdog54

Feb 24, 2024
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
From numerous threads on here, and hoping Honda would be trolling this and other sites, I'm really surprised that so many have similar issues that should never persist in today's world of technology? So far I've enjoyed my machine, and hope to for time to come, yet there seems to be many reoccurring issues and many unprofessional Dealers. It seems one needs to be a current wrench with greater than average knowledge of the last decade to diagnose what creates HAVOK in these machines. I do realize it is a complicated machine considering numerous variables. I'm guessing a lot of these dealers are tending the front of their stores and not cultivating the other revenue streams within their business? I'm also assuming ownership isn't involved in day to day business? Most Manufacturers have been a lot more concerned with production and revenue having had and still are dealing with supply chain issues. I hear there's another looming, considering what's been going on in China regarding their current round of COVID. Having dealer issues, I think I would contact your Dealer's District Sales Manager. Once Honda ships a machine to a dealer, they've been payed either by the dealer of whomever is flooring the Dealer's inventory. Honda's concern is loading everyone's wagon and hopefully their wares will find themselves in our garages instead of theirs. Honda's sales division is the tail that wags the dog, plus any dealer's parts and service departments should be able to support themselves financially, and be managed like their sales department. Seems like most are doing good sales considering how many members here on the forum? I don't know that it's worth investing more time considering your problem has been resolved, and who know when you might have to go back. Sad situation. BTW, if the owners where I'm employed get an email, call or second hand knowledge of someone unhappy with our business, they usually go back and look at tapes, review with the employee and call the customer to attempt to a reconciliation of their feelings with our business. This seldom ever happens, figure that?
P

R

RoundMtn

May 6, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would be nice to have a Pgm-fi to try in my Honda and see if that’s the problem

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!