Future group ride. Ocala national forest FL.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spent a few hours on the north trails. Not very many others out today. Really dry, lots of sand. I should have pre printed a map because there weren’t any available. Ended up on a few trails I probably should not have been on. Overall a fun day with the family. Thanks for the info.

IMG 9760

Last edited:
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Spent a few hours on the north trails. Not very many other out today. Really dry, lots of sand. I should have pre printed a map because there weren’t any available. Ended up on a few trails I probably should not have been on. Overall a fun day with the family. Thanks for the info.

View attachment 402485
Nice 👍

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Spent a few hours on the north trails. Not very many others out today. Really dry, lots of sand. I should have pre printed a map because there weren’t any available. Ended up on a few trails I probably should not have been on. Overall a fun day with the family. Thanks for the info.

View attachment 402485
It can get a little confusing for sure. The more rain the better it gets.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

View attachment 402485

It was nearly empty Saturday, the last few years it's been dead. Back in 2017, 18, and 19 it was busy.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The only one I see not map out is the KOA connector trail and parts of pipeline trail. Looks nice.👍Has anyone gone on wandering wiregrass trail? One last question.. How wet have the trails been lately?
When I started mapping it you couldn't ride from the KOA, the new owners had a weird policy/rule the campground trailered you over to Rodman you couldn't cross over the road anymore. I will get that added.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It was nearly empty Saturday, the last few years it's been dead. Back in 2017, 18, and 19 it was busy.
Ran across a few 4 wheelers and dirt bikes. Only seen one other sxs. I was the only truck in the parking lot when I got there (930ish) and one of only two when I left around 2. I will bring more self recovery stuff next time. The trails were not tough but If something were to break there just weren't enough people to get us back to the truck. Really tempted to buy another a smaller ATV/sxs so we could group ride as a family.

Last edited:
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ran across a few 4 wheelers and dirt bikes. Only seen one other sxs. I was the only truck in the parking lot when I got there (930ish) and one of only two when I left around 2. I will bring more self recovery stuff next time. The trails were not tough but If something were to break there just weren't enough people to get us back to the truck. Really tempted to but another a smaller ATV/sxs so we could group ride as a family.
When we were up there it was kinda the same. Only a handful full of ATVs, couple 4hweelers and a few random jeep/trucks hunting. Ran across a family on jeeps and they said the trails are really tricky as to which allow SXS and which don't. I'm pretty sure we ventured into the "not allowed" trails more then we should've but 🤷‍♂️....be nice to ride with someone that's better familiar with the area.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
When I started mapping it you couldn't ride from the KOA, the new owners had a weird policy/rule the campground trailered you over to Rodman you couldn't cross over the road anymore. I will get that added.
I looked into the Ft McCoy campground and man it's got some bad reviews ever since they changed owners/management in the last year or so. Looks like a good spot to camp for a few days but now I'm kinda iffy on the new management

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
" the trails are really tricky as to which allow SXS and which don't. I'm pretty sure we ventured into the "not allowed" trails more then we should've but 🤷‍♂️....be nice to ride with someone that's better familiar with the area.
I've tried searching for a KEY to what the trail post signs are. Motorcycle/ATV/Jeep is pretty self explanatory but there are 2 different SXS pictures. I assume one is under 50" and the other is over? Some of the trails were not marked well at all and the they got pretty tight with brush slapping the crap out us. The trails on the eastern side were much more open than the western Tobacco Patch area.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I've tried searching for a KEY to what the trail post signs are. Motorcycle/ATV/Jeep is pretty self explanatory but there are 2 different SXS pictures. I assume one is under 50" and the other is over? Some of the trails were not marked well at all and the they got pretty tight with brush slapping the crap out us. The trails on the eastern side were much more open than the western Tobacco Patch area.
I stay on long leaf/yellow the little dog leg on the south end above the trail down to salt springs corral is narrow atv only. I found a pair of jeeps on that trail lost trying to find jeep trails when I mapped it out. It was tight for the cat those jeeps were scratched all to hell.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Ran across a few 4 wheelers and dirt bikes. Only seen one other sxs. I was the only truck in the parking lot when I got there (930ish) and one of only two when I left around 2. I will bring more self recovery stuff next time. The trails were not tough but If something were to break there just weren't enough people to get us back to the truck. Really tempted to buy another a smaller ATV/sxs so we could group ride as a family.
It's mostly smooth. I used to pack a bunch of tools now I just give ours a once over that morning. I have two bolts and the oil filter on the cat like to come loose. Outside of breaking whips I (knock on wood) haven't had any problems out there with either sxs. I take a Friday off every 6-8 weeks and blast the trails to destress.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I looked into the Ft McCoy campground and man it's got some bad reviews ever since they changed owners/management in the last year or so. Looks like a good spot to camp for a few days but now I'm kinda iffy on the new management
It's still not a bad place just a few policies rubbed people wrong and I get it. For years could access the trails then out of the blue you have to be trailered. They are also selling lots but it accommodated knuckledeeps 53ft toy hauler not many places can handle a semi trailer length camper.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think with Football season starting and then Hunting season shortly after it may not be as busy. Thats just an opinion though

Last edited:
HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Never had a problem. Nice pool and plenty of camp sites even when busy.

Reactions: JenElio
HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
They had a problem with the national forest about crossing the road but have work it out. You now can drive across the road without being trailered.

Reactions: JenElio
HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
The trail signs take a little getting used to and the p5 is perfect for the tight trails.the yellow trail is best for the larger sxs. I have run into vehicles on the wrong trail but they did not have a map.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!